This is by far one of the best ways of preparing chicken wings. These Oven BBQ Chicken Wings are made with a spicy sweet sticky sauce that is simply amazing and hard to resist.
You can always adjust the seasoning, use more or less spiciness depending if you serve this for kids or not. My daughters simply love them they and they are always appreciated every time I prepare them for gatherings. You can never go wrong with them.
You can serve these Oven BBQ Chicken Wings as an appetizer alongside a ranch dipping sauce or as a main dish alongside some good fresh salad, potato salad or coleslaw. Enjoy!
Sriracha Chicken Wrap
Bacon Wrapped Chicken
Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Oven BBQ Chicken Wings
- 2 ¼ pounds (1kg) chicken wings , tips removed
- 2 tbsp (30ml) oil
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1 tsp (3g) garlic powder
- 1 tsp (3g) smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2g) black pepper
- 1 cup (240g) barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup (80g) honey
- 2 tbsp (30g) ketchup or hot sauce (sriracha)
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place an oven rack on top.
- Place the chicken wings into a large bowl, add oil and toss to coat. In a small bowl combine salt with garlic powder, smoked paprika and black pepper. Add the mixture over the chicken wings and toss to coat evenly.
- Arrange the seasoned chicken wings on the rack in one layer.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes depending on their size, flipping once after the first 20 minutes.
- While the wings are baking prepare the sauce.
- Place the barbecue sauce with honey and hot sauce (your choice) into a small saucepan. Simmer over low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the wings form the oven and brush with barbecue sauce.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until glaze is glossy and caramelized.
- Garnish with green onion and serve with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
Lovely wings. I like high temp cooking… without convection, I would go even higher…
Hi Ella! Can I have the recipe of your dipping sauce? Thanks
You can use ranch sauce.
wow, BBQ chicken looks delicious and attractive, i want to eat it too
BBQ cicken wings are delish i just love them
Hello, just came across your site! I was wondering what little set you used to combine the spices? They’re adorable!
Where did you buy that trivet?
Hi – does the honey not make it sweet? What’s the purpose of the honey?
This is the best chicken wings recipe I have ever made. Seriously, seriously tasty. Thank you from the UK!
Thanks Guys, Your Recipe Was Too Fantastic. Me and My Family Loved it. I Will Share your Rrecipe with my friends. Hope they will love it too.
I love the rich aroma of the grilled chicken wings
Hi … can I bake these in my wood fired pizza oven …. And can the temperatures be higher ?
Why can’t I see the recipe?
Is anyone having trouble seeing the recipe or video? I can not see either.
Did it work for you after all? It works on our side. Let me know.