These Double Chocolate Scones take indulgence to new heights with their irresistible combination of moist, chocolate-infused dough and pockets of melted chocolate, making them a true delight.
One of the most appealing aspects of these Double Chocolate Scones, and scones in general, is their rustic, unpretentious appearance. However, it is their aroma and incredible taste that truly steal the show. The moment they come out of the oven, a heavenly scent fills the air, teasing your senses and preparing you for the indulgence that awaits.
Scones are best enjoyed warm, straight from the oven. This means there’s no need to wait for them to cool completely before savoring their delectable flavors. This makes them a perfect treat for breakfast, or as a satisfying snack any time of the day.
These Double Chocolate Scones are a chocolate lover’s dream. Their richness and intense chocolaty flavor are enhanced by the presence of melted chocolate chips inside, giving them an almost brownie-like flavor. Each bite is a perfect balance of tender, buttery scone with bursts of melted chocolate, creating a symphony of flavors that is simply irresistible.
The process is straightforward, making them an ideal choice for both experienced bakers and those new to the kitchen.
How to make Double Chocolate Scones
To begin, preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, instant coffee, baking powder, and salt. Whisk them together until well mixed. Next, add the butter cubes to the bowl. Using a pastry cutter or a fork, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the pieces are no larger than peas.
Add the chocolate to the bowl and toss it until it is evenly coated in the flour mixture. In a separate small bowl, combine the egg and buttermilk, then pour this mixture over the flour mixture in the large bowl. Stir the ingredients together until just combined.
Transfer the dough onto a floured surface and shape it into a circle with a diameter of approximately 8 inches (20 cm). Cut the circle into 8 triangles.
Place the scones onto the prepared baking sheet and brush them with beaten egg. For an extra touch, you can sprinkle additional chocolate chips or chunks on top.
Bake the scones in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached. Once baked, transfer the scones to a cooling rack to cool slightly. These scones are best enjoyed while still warm.
These Double Chocolate Scones will win your heart with their rustic charm, delightful aroma, and exquisite taste. Enjoy them warm, with a cup of coffee or a glass of milk and let the chocolate decadence envelop your senses.
Don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram posts or stories, so I can see your amazing results. Enjoy
Other similar recipe you may like to try
These Strawberry Scones are best served warm after just taking them out of the oven. The sprinkled sugar on top creates a crispy crust while the interior is soft and filled with strawberries.
These Double Chocolate Biscotti are one of the best chocolate cookie recipes to serve alongside coffee. Biscotti are different from other cookies as they are baked twice, making them crispy and perfect to be dipped into the hot coffee. They are very easy to prepare and are also a great treat for kids as well.
These Double Chocolate Brownie Muffins are by far THE BEST chocolate muffins you can ever make. They are moist, and fudgy, with an intense chocolate flavor that all chocolate lovers will adore.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Whole Wheat Carrot Biscuits
Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits
Double Chocolate Muffins without Butter
Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Double Chocolate Waffles
Double Chocolate Brownies
Muffin Pan Chocolate Brioches
Chocolate Raspberry Whoopie Pies
Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
Marble Bundt Cake – Moist Vanilla and Chocolate Marble Cake
Double Chocolate Scones
- 1 ¾ cups (220g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 2 ½ tsp (10g) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (1g) instant coffee
- 1/2 tsp (2g) salt
- 6 tbsp (80g) butter , cold and cut into cubes
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup (180g) buttermilk
- 4 oz (120g) semisweet chocolate chips/chunks
- 1 egg , beaten
- chocolate chips/chunks
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (200C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk the flour with sugar, cocoa powder,instant coffee, baking powder and salt.
- Add the butter cubes, and using a pastry cutter or fork cut the butter until the pieces are no bigger than peas.
- Add chocolate and toss until are coated in flour mixture.
- Combine egg with buttermilk and add over the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Transfer dough onto a floured surface. Shape into a circle of about 8 inch (20 cm) in diameter, then cut into 8 triangles.
- Transfer the scones on the baking sheet and brush with egg. Top with more chocolate chips or chunks.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Transfer to cooling rack to cool slightly. The scones are best served warm. Enjoy.