If you usually love banana bread you will definitely love this Chocolate Banana Bread as it is one of the best ways to prepare it. It is moist, chocolaty and full of flavor and makes a great treat alongside morning coffee or milk.
Whenever you make banana bread use ripe bananas to get the best flavor and texture. Use good quality cocoa powder and chocolate for an intense and delicious chocolate flavor.
The recipe for this Chocolate Banana Bread is really easy to prepare, and can be made in advance and frozen for later use. Enjoy!
Banana and Coconut Bread
Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Breakfast Cookies
Chocolate Banana Bread
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (6g) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2g) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 3/4 cup (150g) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter , room temperature
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas (about 1 ¼ cup (300g) puree
- 4 oz (120g) semisweet chocolate chips/chunks
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- chocolate chips/chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Lightly grease a 9 X 5 inch – 23 X 13 cm loaf pan. Line the bottom and sides with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until creamy. Add in the eggs and mix well. Add vanilla extract and mix in the mashed bananas.
- With mixer on low speed incorporate the flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips/chunks.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle with chocolate chips/chunks on top. Bake for about 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, and then cool completely onto a cooling rack.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
What kind of chocolate do you use? They look bigger than chocolate chips and I would like to find them. Thank you!
I use Callebaut chocolate.
If I want to make chocolate bread, can I make by using this recipe?
Could I just only use baking powder, but more of it to replace the baking soda?
This banana bread is really amazing! I changed the all purpose flour with 1/2 almond flour and 1/2 rise flour and the result is fantastic! The most delicious desert I tried! Thank you, Ella 🙂
Can we add yogurt? And white sugar instead of brown? Thanks.