Guacamole is a vibrant and flavorful Mexican dip, one of the most popular dips worldwide. It is very easy to prepare and is suitable for any occasion. It is a perfect appetizer that can be served with tortilla chips for a great texture.
The key to a delicious guacamole is the ripe avocados that can be mashed easily by simply using a fork. Lime juice plays a crucial role in preventing avocado oxidation, making it a must-not-skip ingredient. While guacamole is best when served immediately, it can still be stored in the refrigerator for up to one day.
How to make Guacamole
Place the avocado in a bowl and sprinkle it with lime juice. Use a fork to mash the avocado until it reaches an almost smooth consistency.
Gently fold in the onion, jalapeno, tomato, cilantro, and season with salt and pepper to your taste. If you desire more spice, you can add extra jalapeno.
Cover the guacamole with plastic wrap directly on its surface to prevent oxidation. Refrigerate it until you’re ready to serve.
This Guacamole is a versatile party guest, perfect for dipping crunchy chips or topping tacos. The bright green color makes it look as good as it tastes. Guacamole is an easy mix of a few ingredients, bringing a burst of flavor to your snack time or gatherings.
Hope you will try it out. If you do, make sure to share the photos with me on Instagram. Would love to see how it turns out for you.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Tirokafteri – Spicy Greek Feta Dip
Skillet Bread Four Cheese Spinach Dip
Greek Tzatziki Sauce
Celery Root Dip
Red Lentil and Toasted Walnut Dip
White Bean Crostini
Skillet Sweet Potato Bread with Pecan Cranberry Cheese Dip
Parmesan Crisps with Marinara Sauce
- 2 ripe avocados , peeled and seeded
- Juice from half of lime
- 1/2 red onion , minced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper , seeds removed
- 1/2 ripe tomato , seeds and pulp removed
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro or parsley , chopped
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Put the avocado into a bowl. Sprinkle with lime juice. Mash avocado with a fork until almost smooth.
- Fold in onion, jalapeno, tomato, cilantro, salt and pepper to taste. If you like it more spicy add more jalapeno.
- Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole. This way you prevent oxidation. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with tortilla chips.