This Potato Crust Quiche is a healthy, delicious, and comforting dish that combines the creamy texture of quiche with the savory flavor of potato crust. This dish is easy to make and is perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or even dinner. It can be served hot or cold and can be filled with a variety of ingredients to suit any taste.
How to make potato crust quiche
First, you have to prepare the potato crust. Grate the potatoes and rinse well under cold water. Use a kitchen towel to squeeze as much liquid as possible. Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl and mix with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and olive oil.
Spread the potatoes over the base and sides of a greased pie pan and press slightly. Bake at 400F (200C) for 30 minutes until slightly golden. While the crust is baking, cook the bacon in a medium frying pan until crisp and drain on paper towels. Grate the cheese and set aside until ready to use. Reduce the oven temperature to 350F (180C).
Now you can prepare the filling by whisking together the eggs with cream, salt, pepper, nutmeg and chopped green onions.
At this point, you can easily customize this potato crust quiche to suit different dietary needs and preferences. Besides being gluten-free, you can adapt it to make it vegetarian or vegan too, by using dairy-free cheese and leaving out the bacon. You can use various ingredients for the filling, like spinach, red pepper, or mushrooms, and add more nutrients to this potato dish.
Fill the potato crust with grated cheese and crispy bacon. Pour the egg mixture over the potato crust. Bake in the oven until the filling is set and the top is golden brown.
Let the quiche cool slightly. Cut into wedges and serve hot or cold alongside a fresh salad and crusty bread.
Whether you are looking for a hearty breakfast, a light lunch, or a savory dinner, this Potato Crust Quiche is sure to satisfy your cravings and impress your guests.
Hope you will try this amazing Potato Crust Quiche. Tag me on Instagram if you do and enjoy as much as we did.
Other quiche recipes you may like to try
If you like quiche recipes, try this classic and delightful Quiche Lorraine, with its’ buttery crust and flavorful filling. Try this quick and easy Crustless Quiche, if you are in a hurry or simply want to avoid the extra calories of the crust. If you are searching for great quiche appetizer ideas try these amazing Filo Mini Quiches that will delight and impress the guests.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Potato Crust Pizza
Potato Crusted Fish
Tortilla de Patatas
Potato Crust Quiche
- 1 ½ pounds (700g) red potatoes
- 2 tbsp (30g) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- 1/2 tsp (1g) garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 8 oz (230g) bacon , cut into small pieces
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1/2 tsp (1g) ground black pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 cup (240g) cooking cream , 30% fat
- 1 cup (100g) Gruyere or cheddar cheese , grated
Prepare the potato crust.
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C). Grease with butter a 9-inch (23cm) pie pan.
- Peel the potatoes. Use the large holes of the grater to grate the potatoes.
- Rinse well under cold water. Drain and transfer the potatoes into a kitchen towel and squeeze as much liquid as you possible can.
- Place the potatoes into a large bowl. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder and olive oil. Stir to combine.
- Spread the potato mixture over the base and sides of the prepared pie pan. Press slightly.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool slightly while you prepare the filling.
Prepare the filling.
- In a medium frying pan, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350F (180C).
- In a medium bowl whisk the eggs with salt, pepper, nutmeg and green onions. Add cream and whisk until well combined.
- Spread the cooked bacon and grated cheese over the potato crust. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese and bacon.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until set and golden. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
I love potatoes and this dish sounds delicious. I will definitely be giving it a try!