Who doesn’t love pizza… if made right it’s one of the most comforting and satisfying dishes ever. Potato Crust Pizza is very easy to prepare, no need for preparing the dough in advance and it’s also gluten-free.
The potato crust is really delicious and you can always change the topping for more variety. This potato crust pizza is great to be served for brunch or dinner. Enjoy!
Margherita Pizza with Cauliflower Crust
Potato Crust Pizza
Who doesn’t love pizza... if made right it’s one of the most comforting and satisfying dishes ever. Potato Crust Pizza is very easy to prepare, no need for preparing the dough in advance and it’s also gluten-free.
- 1 ½ pounds (700g) potatoes
- 1/2 cup (50g) Cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp (28g) vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (100g) Mozzarella cheese
- 4,5 cherry tomatoes , cut into quarters
- Dried basil
- Dried oregano
- 1 oz (30g) Chorizo or pepperoni slices
- Prepare potato crust. Preheat oven to 425F (220C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel the potatoes and sse the large holes of the grater to grate cheese and potatoes.
- Transfer the potatoes into a kitchen towel and squeeze as much liquid as you possible can.
- Place the potatoes into a large bowl. Add cheese, egg, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Spread the potato mixture into the prepared baking sheet and form into a 12 inch (30cm) circle.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until slightly golden on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and top the potato crust with Mozzarella cheese, your favorite salami slices, dried basil and oregano and tomatoes.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes more until cheese is melted. Enjoy!
Serving: 1gCalories: 331kcalCarbohydrates: 34.1gProtein: 12.6gFat: 16.8gSaturated Fat: 6.3gCholesterol: 64mgSugar: 6.2g
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
Be still my beating heart. This looks wonderful!
Followed instructions, easy to prep. Very tasty. I make my own pizza dough, this is definitely less filling, would make it again.
I will proceed to do it now because I like to eat pizza. thank for sharing with us
Useful information. Lucky me I discovered your website accidentally, and I am stunned why this twist of fate did not happened in advance! I bookmarked it.
Does it work without the cheese in base please
Yes, it does work.
Do I add the vegetable oil with the egg and cheese?
Yes, as in the video.
Since I cannot eat any kind of flour I was delighted to find this recipe!
I was even more delighted when I was eating this Delicious Pizza!! It was just marvelous and had a very “gourmet” taste and texture.
My husband and I both enjoyed this accompanied by a freshly made salad.
Bon appetit everyone!
…I did not add the oil as I did not watch the video…Next time.
My mouth is already watering.
Wow! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe.