These Pumpkin Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies are one of the best cookies you can prepare during the fall season. They are soft, and chewy and packed with a lot of flavor and spices. The toasted nuts and chocolate bring a nice texture and flavor too.
How to make Pumpkin Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies.
These pumpkin cookies are easy to prepare. Just make sure you have all the ingredients on hand. For pumpkin recipes, I usually like to make the pumpkin puree in advance, freeze it in small batches and have it ready for whenever I want to use it.
Toast the walnuts or pecans and cut into smaller pieces and set aside until ready to use. Whisk together the dry ingredients and set aside.
Mix butter with both sugars until creamy. Mix in the egg and pumpkin puree. Gradually incorporate the flour mixture. Add toasted nuts and chocolate chips if used and refrigerate the dough for at least two hours.
Use an ice cream scoop to take equal portions of dough and place on baking sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes until slightly golden around the edges. Make sure you don’t overbake the cookies. They will harden as they cool.
If you are searching for fall cookies you may also like these Brown Butter Snickerdoodle Cookies that are rich in cinnamon flavor. These Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Cookies are rich and soft filled with creamy peanut butter, perfect for fall days. These Peanut Butter Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies are also a great dessert for the holiday season that everybody will adore .
If you like pumpkin desserts you must give these pumpkin walnut chocolate chip cookies a try. Everybody will love them and ask for more. Wish you happy fall baking and don’t forget to let me know if you try them out. Enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Eggless Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Butterless Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cranberry Orange Cookies
Vanilla Chocolate Swirl Cookies
Pumpkin Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 ⅓ cups (290g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (6g) baking soda
- 2 tsp (6g) cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1 tsp (3g) cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1g) nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (1g) ginger
- 1/4 tsp (1g) cloves
- 3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter , soften
- 2/3 cup (135g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (240g) pumpkin puree
- 1 cup (100g) walnuts or pecans , toasted and cut in smaller pieces
- 3.5 oz (100g) semisweet chips/chunks
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk in the pumpkin spices, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Set aside.
- Mix the butter with both sugars in a large bowl until creamy, light and fluffy.
- Add egg and mix to combine. Add pumpkin puree and mix to incorporate.
- Incorporate dry ingredients into the butter mixture and stir until the dough comes together.
- Add the toasted walnuts and semisweet chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate the dough for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Use an ice cream scoop to take equal portions of dough and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Flatten slightly. Repeat with remaining dough, keeping 2 inches (5cm) space between cookies.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden around the edges. Cool on baking sheets for 5-10 minutes.
- While still warm, add chocolate chips and toasted walnuts on top of the cookies.
- Remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.