These Raspberry Yogurt Bars are one of the most delightful summer desserts, so refreshing and full of raspberry and lemon flavor. The addition of Greek yogurt makes these crumble bars even more balanced as the creamy yogurt complements so well with the crust and crispy crumble on top.
The recipe is really easy and quick to prepare and is that kind of dessert that can be made in advance, kept refrigerated until ready to serve.
How to make raspberry yogurt bars
First, preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Take an 8×8 inch (20x20cm) square pan and give it a light greasing. Line it with parchment paper, making sure some edges hang over for easy lifting later.
Grab a bowl and rub some brown sugar together with lemon zest. Do this for a few minutes to bring out the oil from the zest. Now, add flour, oats, baking powder, and a bit of salt. Mix it up. Add in butter and vanilla, stirring until it becomes a crumbly mixture. Keep about 1 cup of this crumble aside.
Press the rest of the crumb mixture into the bottom of the pan. In another bowl, mix together some yogurt, sugar, and cornstarch. Spread this yogurt mixture over the crumb base. Sprinkle the raspberries on top.
Time to use that reserved cup of crumble. Sprinkle it over the raspberries. Put the pan in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until it turns a nice light brown.
Once it’s done, let it cool down completely, then pop it in the fridge for about 2 hours before you serve it. Get ready to enjoy this tasty treat!
Hope you will try these Raspberry Yogurt Bars as I am sure everybody will be delighted. If you do, make sure to share the photos with me on Instagram. Enjoy!
Other similar recipes you may like to try
These Strawberry Oat Crumble Bars are the perfect treat for spring and summer, with a buttery crust, soft strawberry filling inside and a crunchy crumble on top.
This Berry Crumble recipe strikes the perfect balance between sweet and tart. The juicy, flavorful berries are complemented by the buttery, crispy oatmeal topping, creating a symphony of flavors and textures in every bite.
These Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Breakfast Cookies are probably one of the healthiest breakfast cookies you can ever get as they are full of nutrients. They are made with cereals, walnuts, raisins, seeds, bananas, yogurt, and eggs and are truly delightful.
Raspberry Yogurt Bars
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (100g) rolled oats
- 2/3 cup (135g) light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2g) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter , room temperature
- Zest from a lemon
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1 pound (450g) Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp (30g) sugar
- 2 tbsp (16g) cornstarch
- 10 oz (300g) fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Slightly grease a 8×8 inch (20x20cm) square pan and line with parchment paper, in such a way that some edges are longer to make it easy to lift it up once it's set.
- In a bowl rub brown sugar with lemon zest for a few minutes to release oil. Add flour, oats, baking powder and salt. Add butter and vanilla and stir until combined and crumbly. Set aside about 1 cup of crumble mixture.
- Press remaining crumb mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- In a medium bowl mix yogurt with sugar and cornstarch. Spread the yogurt mixture over the crust.
- Spread the raspberries over the yogurt.
- Sprinkle the reserved cup of crumb mixture over the raspberries.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely and then refrigerate for about 2 hours before serving.