I am making these healthy oatmeal energy bars for quite a while now. I like to make them in the evening so that I have them for the next couple of mornings when I serve them alongside a good cup of coffee. The best part of these oatmeal bars is that the mixture of bananas and apples holds everything together and there is no need to add sugar or butter. If you prefer you can only use bananas, by adding another two and no apple.
These oatmeal energy bars are just delicious, full of fibers, vitamins and minerals and are vegan too. You can add different dried fruits, or chocolate chips and have every time a different snack.
Eggless Oatmeal Cookies
Raspberry Yogurt Oatmeal Bars
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup raisins (or chocolate chips, dry fruits)
- 2 large, ripe bananas
- 2 apples , peeled and finely grated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- cinnamon or other spices , optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 C). Butter the sides and bottom of a 8×8 inch baking pan. Line the pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine rolled oats with coconut flakes and raisins.
- In a large bowl mash well the bananas. Add the grated apples and vanilla extract and stir well. Add the oats mixture and stir until well combined.
- Put the mixture into the prepared pan, press with the back of the spoon, makes shapes on top with a fork (optional) and bake for 30 minutes until the edges begin to crisp up.
- Place the baking pan on a a wire rack to cool. when is cool enough cut into bars and is ready to be served.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
This looks fantastic, and so healthy! I love that it’s all fruit 🙂 Very nice!
Home made energy bars, what a great idea! I don’t eat a lot for breakfast, so these would be perfect!
These look incredible! Such a great idea.
I really need to stop buying bars and start making my own for lunch. These look amazing!
This is another breakfast option. I love delicious treats for breakfast!
Have you considered adding about a teaspoon of cinnamon? We found it nice but a little bland without, so now I’m trying it with. 🙂
That's a good idea. You know how it is with cinnamon , some people love it some don't. In my family it happens to be the same. Let me know how did you like it with cinnamon so I know if I should add it to the recipe or not. Thanks for your comment.
The cinnamon really took this to the next level for us. 🙂 Other pie-related spices like nutmeg or allspice would probably also perk it up if you want the kick but don’t like cinnamon. (Love your site, btw.)
That's great, I will try too. I added this as an optional ingredient. Thanks for replying.
I've made this last evening using cinnamon, and indeed it is much more better this way. 🙂
Can I use Desiccated Coconut instead of coconut flakes? Thanks in advance 🙂
Another easy and delicious recipe 🙂 I love these bars. Thank you, Ella!