This Flourless Chocolate Raspberry Meringue Cake is a delightful dessert perfect for any occasion. This cake brings together the goodness of chocolate, the zing of raspberries, and the satisfying crunch of baked meringue.
The heart of this cake is a rich blend of flourless chocolate cake and raspberries. Without any flour, it’s dense and incredibly smooth, giving you a melt-in-your-mouth sensation. The chocolate adds a deep, satisfying flavor while the raspberries add a fresh and fruity twist.
But what truly makes this cake special is the meringue topping. We whip it to perfection, creating a sweet and airy layer that’s simply irresistible. As it bakes, the meringue transforms into a beautiful golden shell with a crispy texture that enhances every bite.
The combination of textures and flavors is a true delight – the sweetness of the meringue balances the richness of the chocolate and the tartness of the raspberries.
Perfect for any occasion, our Flourless Chocolate Raspberry Meringue Cake offers a sensational experience. Whether you’re celebrating with friends or enjoying a quiet moment, this cake is a wonderful blend of chocolate, raspberries, and the delightful crunch of baked meringue. If you try it out, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram. Would love to see how it turns for you.
How to make flourless chocolate raspberry cake with crispy meringue topping
Start by preheating your oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease an 8-inch (20cm) pan with butter and line it with parchment paper.
Next, prepare the flourless chocolate cake with raspberries. Melt the chocolate and butter together using a bain-marie until they’re wonderfully smooth. Give it a moment to cool down a bit.
While that’s cooling, grab a mixer and beat the eggs, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract for 5-7 minutes until they’re thick and creamy.
Once your eggs are ready, incorporate the melted chocolate into the mix. Stir it all up until it’s perfectly blended.
Sift in the cocoa powder and gently fold it in with a spatula. Now, pour the mixture into your prepared pan. Arrange the raspberries on top of your cake.
Pop the pan into the oven and bake for 25 minutes. After the first 15 minutes of baking, start beating the meringue.
For the meringue, start by whipping the egg whites and salt until they’re delightfully foamy. Gradually add the sugar, continuing to mix until those soft peaks begin to form. Introduce the vinegar or lemon juice and cocoa powder and keep mixing until the peaks become stiff.
Remove the cake from the oven and spread the meringue over the top. Now, increase the temperature to 340°F (170°C) and bake for another 20-25 minutes, or until the meringue gets golden and puffy. It may crack, don’t worry, it is fine.
Once out of the oven, grab a sharp knife and carefully run it around the edge of the pan. Let the cake cool entirely—don’t worry if the meringue shrinks a bit, it’s natural.
Rest the cake for an hour at room temperature to cool down before diving in and savoring the cake. Dust with instant coffee powder for an intense flavor combination.
Other chocolate raspberry desserts you may like to try
This Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Cake is an elegant and decadent dessert bursting with raspberry flavor. This mousse cake has a moist cocoa brownie at the bottom, topped with a crunchy chocolate raspberry crunch and a delightful raspberry mousse.
These Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Domes are another elegant and impressive dessert, perfect for any occasion.
This Chocolate Raspberry Cake features moist chocolate cake layers that are filled with raspberries and creamy chocolate ganache. The cake is then topped with a whipped ganache frosting and garnished with fresh raspberries and chocolate shards.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
No-Bake White Chocolate Raspberry Pie
Black Forest Mousse Cake
Flourless Chocolate Decadence Cake with Chocolate Ganache
Chocolate Raspberry Whoopie Pies
1 Minute – Chocolate Raspberry Mug Cake
Torta Caprese – Flourless Chocolate Almond Cake
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Coffee Mousse
White Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Cake
No-Bake White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
Raspberry Chocolate Cups
Vanilla and Raspberry Panna Cotta
Raspberry Coconut Mousse Cake
Brownie Raspberry Cheesecake
Flourless Chocolate Raspberry Meringue Cake
For the Flourless Chocolate Raspberry Cake
- 1/2 cup (110g) butter , unsalted
- 4 oz (120g) semisweet chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (30g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 oz (120g) raspberries , fresh or frozen
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 1 tsp (5ml) lemon juice or vinegar
- 3/4 cup (150g) sugar
- 2 tsp (6g) cocoa powder
- instant coffee powder , optional
Prepare the flourless chocolate raspberry cake.
- Preheat the oven to 325F(160C). Grease with butter a 8-inch (20cm) pan and line with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate and butter over bain-marie until smooth. Let cool slightly to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs with sugar, salt and vanilla extract using a mixer, for about 5-7 minutes, until thick and light yellow.
- Add melted chocolate and mix until well combined.
- Using a spatula fold in sifted cocoa powder. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Arrange the raspberries over the top of the cake.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- After the first 15 minutes of baking, start preparing the meringue.
Prepare the meringue.
- Mix the egg whites and salt until foamy. Gradually add sugar and continue mixing until soft peaks form. Mix in the vinegar or lemon juice and cocoa powder and continue mixing until stiff peaks form.
- Remove the cake from the oven and spread the meringue over the cake.
- Bake at 340F (170C) for another 20-25 minutes, until the meringue is puffy and golden.
- Run a sharp knife completely around the inside edge of the pan and let cool completely. The meringue will deflate as it cools.
- Let the cake cool at room temperature for about 1 hour before serving.
- Dust with instant coffee powder before serving if desired. Enjoy!