Crumbles are one of the easiest dishes you can prepare for either breakfast or even dessert. It takes no more than 10 minutes to have it all ready and placed in the oven. With its buttery crispy oatmeal topping and flavorful berry filling this Berry Crumble is simply irresistible. Top it with ice cream for a decadent treat or with some greek yogurt and honey if made for breakfast.
The recipe is very easy, you can even use one bowl only to prepare it. First mix the berries with some sugar and cornstarch and spread on the baking dish. Then, in the same bowl, combine the dry ingredients with melted butter and spread on top of the berry mixture. The result is simply delicious and a great way to start your day.
You can use this recipe for any other seasonal fruits, like peaches, nectarines, plums or apples. Hope you will try this Berry Crumble recipe and enjoy!
- 1 cup (100g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (125g) flour
- 1 cup (100g) brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2g) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2g) salt
- 1/2 cup (50g) walnuts , optional
- 1/2 cup (110g) butter , melted
- 1 ¼ pound (550g) mixed berries
- Lemon zest of a lemon
- 1/4 cup (30g) cornstarch
- 2 tbsp (30g) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30ml) Lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180C). Slightly grease an 8 inch (20cm) square baking dish with butter.
- In a large bowl add mixed berries (I’ve used a mix of blueberries, blackberries, red currants and raspberries). Add sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest and lemon juice. Toss to coat.
- Spread the berry mixture evenly on the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- In a large bowl stir together rolled oats with flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Stir in walnuts if used. Add melted butter and stir until evenly moisturized and crumbly.
- Spread the crumble on top of the berry mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until bubbly and the topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm alongside ice cream or yogurt.