Once you start making homemade pita bread you won’t ever want to use the store-bought ones. This homemade pita bread are so fresh and beautifully puffed that give you an incredible satisfaction each time you prepare it. You can fill pita bread pockets with almost anything and create different delicious sandwiches each time.
The recipe is quite easy to prepare, all you need is some basic ingredients you usually use on any bread. Simply roll pieces of dough into thin disks, bake in a hot oven and then enjoy the magic. Hope you will try this bread recipe and enjoy!
Homemade Pita Bread
- 4 cups (500g) bread flour
- 2 ¼ tsp (7g) active dry yeast
- 1 tsp (5g) sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- 1 ½ cups (360ml) water , at room temperature
- 2 tbsp (28ml) vegetable oil
- In a large bowl mix flour with yeast, sugar and salt. Stir to combine. Add water and vegetable oil and knead well until smooth and elastic. Transfer the dough to an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let it rise until doubled in size, for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven and your baking stone or simply a baking sheet to 470F (240C).
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 8 pieces. Shape each into a ball.
- Using a rolling pin, roll each dough ball into a circle that is about 7-8 inches (18-20cm) in diameter and 1/4-inch (6mm) thick. Don’t make them thinner or they won’t rise.
- Place pieces of dough into the preheated stone or baking sheet and bake for 3 or 4 minutes. The pita should be completely puffed, and form a pocket in the center.
- Wrap the pitas in a large kitchen towel to keep them soft.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
so amazing.thanks for your nice recipe.althogh I have to bake more minutes.
One more great recipe looks so delicious, my kids loved it, I will definitely try your recipe, looks seem easy to make. Five stars for you and thanks so much for this guide.
So happy to hear that Monica