Once you start making homemade pita bread you won’t ever want to use the store-bought ones. This homemade pita bread are so fresh and beautifully puffed that give you an incredible satisfaction each time you prepare it. You can fill pita bread pockets with almost anything and create different delicious sandwiches each time.
The recipe is quite easy to prepare, all you need is some basic ingredients you usually use on any bread. Simply roll pieces of dough into thin disks, bake in a hot oven and then enjoy the magic. Hope you will try this bread recipe and enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Homemade Cheese Piadinas
No-Yeast Breakfast Pizza
Yogurt Cheese Flatbreads
Eggless Savory Scones
Easy Homemade Bread – 4 Ingredient Bread
Twisted Pumpkin Bagels
Easy Burger Buns
Homemade Pita Bread
- 4 cups (500g) bread flour
- 2 ¼ tsp (7g) active dry yeast
- 1 tsp (5g) sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- 1 ½ cups (360ml) water , at room temperature
- 2 tbsp (28ml) vegetable oil
- In a large bowl mix flour with yeast, sugar and salt. Stir to combine. Add water and vegetable oil and knead well until smooth and elastic. Transfer the dough to an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let it rise until doubled in size, for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven and your baking stone or simply a baking sheet to 470F (240C).
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 8 pieces. Shape each into a ball.
- Using a rolling pin, roll each dough ball into a circle that is about 7-8 inches (18-20cm) in diameter and 1/4-inch (6mm) thick. Don’t make them thinner or they won’t rise.
- Place pieces of dough into the preheated stone or baking sheet and bake for 3 or 4 minutes. The pita should be completely puffed, and form a pocket in the center.
- Wrap the pitas in a large kitchen towel to keep them soft.