Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
- Chocolate Norwegian Cake - Chocolate Verdens Beste
- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
Fish Fillet Soup
Posted on June 7, 2011
One of the most flavorful soups I've tried so far. This fish fillet soup has a special aroma and tastes heavenly. Though I was never a fan of fish soups this one turned to be one of my favorite.
- Makes 5-6 servings
- 10 oz (300 g) trout fillet, skinned & boned, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 2 onions, diced
- 5-6 medium potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 14 oz (400 g) can pelati tomatoes
- 1 quart (1 liter) water
- fresh juice of 1 orange
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 tbsp fresh celery leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a stock pot heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion, garlic, fennel seed and potatoes and saute for about 5 minutes. Add paprika, water and stir.
- Add fish and thyme and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Puree the tomato can and add to the pot, add soy sauce, pepper and salt and simmer for 5 more minutes. Add orange juice and celery leaves simmer 2 more minutes and remove from heat.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges and freshly baked onion bread.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:302, Fat:9.2 g, Saturated Fat:1.4 g, Carbohydrates:37.4 g, Sugar:6.8 g, Fiber:6.2 g, Protein:18.3 g, Cholesterol:37 mg, Calories from Fat 83, Sodium 657mg, Vitamin A 15%, Calcium 8%, Vitamin C 91%, Iron 15%, Nutrition Grade A, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.