Homemade Crepes With Strawberries
Best crepes ever!! This is a recipe I repeat very often. My mom used to make it all the time. Simple ingredients, easy to prepare, perfect for breakfast or why not for any other time of the day. Can be filled with you favorite jam, fresh fruits, cheese or Nutella. This time I've made homemade crepes with strawberries and used strawberry jam and fresh strawberries but any other filling is as delicious. Enjoy as we sure did!!!
- Makes about 14-15 crepes
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sparkling mineral water
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon or lime
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp sugar
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs with sugar and salt. Stir in milk, add flour and mix well. Add the lemon zest ,vanilla extract, oil and mineral water and whisk until smooth.
- Heat a medium nonstick pan over medium heat. Sprinkle a teaspoon of vegetable oil. Poor a small ladle of batter in the middle of the pan and with a circular move spread the batter to the edges of the pan.
- Cook the crepe until the bottom is light brown. Flip over and cook the other side until light brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Fill crepes with your favorite jam, in this case I used strawberry jam, and fresh fruits. Crepes can be also served with ice cream or whipped cream.