- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
Pumpkin Apple Smoothie
Watch the video for this recipe:
I have to admit that I've been trying pumpkin in various recipes ... but never in a smoothie. For some reason it seemed to me that it wouldn't go very well. I've been asked for a recipe for pumpkin smoothie and while searching for good ideas I ran over a recipe that used apples and oats alongside pumpkin. I really loved the idea, a healthy and nutritious recipe that kids might enjoy as well, so I gave it a try.
This smoothie is really incredible, beyond my expectations. It is true when everybody say that it tastes like a cake just in a more healthier way. Pumpkin and apples are making such a good combination turning this pumpkin apple smoothie in a perfect fall treat. You can start your day with this pumpkin apple smoothie or have it as a snack later in the day.
My daughters would never eat roasted pumpkin by itself, if I hide it in various recipes like my chocolate pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin roll, pumpkin dutch baby pancake and now in smoothies they like it very much. I even filled some popsicle molds with some of this smoothie, put them in the freezer and turned into an incredible treat they really enjoyed later.
This recipe is adapted after Kristine's Kitchen with slightly few changes. Added some more pumpkin and a whole banana, some honey and a bit of vanilla along with all the pumpkin pie spice. Give it try, it is absolutely a must for this time of the year.
- Makes about 2-3 servings
- 1/4 cup (25g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (120g) pumpkin puree
- 1 medium apple
- 1 banana, cut into pieces and frozen
- 1 tbsp (20g) honey
- 3/4 cup (175g) yogurt
- 1/2 cup (120g) milk
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- Dash of ground cloves
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 6 ice cubes