Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
- Chocolate Norwegian Cake - Chocolate Verdens Beste
- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
Spinach and Mushroom Quiche
Spinach and Mushroom Quiche - very tasty, easy to prepare goes very well for breakfast or lunch. Mushroom and spinach makes a perfect combination.
Buttery crust and soft filling - simply delicious. Hope you will give it a try.
- Makes 6 servings
- 2 cups (250 g) flour
- 1 stick + 1 tbsp (125 g) cold butter, cut in tiny cubes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 pound fresh spinach
- 2 medium mushrooms, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- Prepare the crust. Mix flour with salt. Incorporate butter to the flour, using your hands or using a pastry processor, until crumbs are formed. Add the egg and incorporate until the dough is homogeneous. Knead the dough and form a ball from it. Wrap it with plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, prepare the spinach filling. In a large flat-bottomed frying pan heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion,for about 5 minutes until soft. Add the mushrooms and spinach and cook until any liquid has evaporated. Add salt and pepper and remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 220C. Roll out the dough and fit the crust to a 10 inch tart pan. Punch it with a fork and bake it for 15 minutes. Remove and let it cool. Turn the oven to 190C.
- In a bowl beat eggs with sour cream, salt pepper and cheese. Layer the spinach over the crust and pour the egg mixture on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, and serve warm or cold. The rest of the quiche can keep up t0 3 days if refrigerated.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:557, Fat:38.1 g, Saturated Fat:20.3 g, Carbohydrates:38.2 g, Sugar:1.8 g, Fiber:3.2 g, Protein:17.2 g, Cholesterol:232 mg, Calories from Fat 343, Sodium 462mg,Vitamin A 163%, Calcium 28%, Vitamin C 38%, Iron 27%, Nutrition Grade B-, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.