This Spinach and Mushroom Quiche is very tasty, easy to prepare and goes very well for breakfast or lunch. Mushroom and spinach makes a perfect combination and makes the quiche really flavorful and appetizing especially when paired with the the flaky buttery crust. Hope you will give it a try.
Spinach and Mushroom Quiche
- 2 cups (250g) flour
- 1 stick (110 g) cold butter, cut in tiny cubes
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 1 pound (500g) fresh spinach
- 2 medium mushrooms, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30g) olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup (180g) sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (100g) cheese grated
- Prepare the crust. Mix flour with salt. Incorporate butter to the flour, using your hands or using a pastry processor, until crumbs are formed. Add the egg and incorporate until the dough is homogeneous. Knead the dough and form a ball from it. Wrap it with plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, prepare the spinach filling. In a large flat-bottomed frying pan heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion,for about 5 minutes until soft. Add the mushrooms and spinach and cook until any liquid has evaporated. Add salt and pepper and remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 220C. Roll out the dough and fit the crust to a 10 inch tart pan. Punch it with a fork and bake it for 15 minutes. Remove and let it cool. Turn the oven to 190C.
- In a bowl beat eggs with sour cream, salt pepper and cheese. Layer the spinach over the crust and pour the egg mixture on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, and serve warm or cold. The rest of the quiche can keep up t0 3 days if refrigerated.