Puff Pizza Ring is an easy appetizer idea you can prepare just in few minutes and have it ready by the time guests arrive. It looks quite impressive and appetizing and takes no more than 10 minutes to have it ready to go in the oven.
You can make a lot of variations to the filling used, simply add your favorite ingredients either sweet or savory and roll it up to create this beautiful ring of puff pastry.
For this recipe I’ve used homemade tomato pizza sauce as I really like how it turns out but feel free to use any other sauce you have around if you are in a hurry.
This puff pizza ring should be served a bit warm alongside your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Baked Brie in Puff Pastry
Strawberry Puff Pastry Braid
Tomato Basil Tart
Puff Pizza Ring
- 1 sheet (9 oz - 275g) puff pastry , thawed
- Homemade tomato pizza sauce
- 1 cup (100g) Mozzarella cheese , grated
- 2 oz 60g) Pepperoni slices
- 2 tbsp (15g) Parmesan cheese , grated
- 1 egg , beaten
- 1 tbsp (7g) Parmesan Cheese , grated
- Preheat oven to 400º F (200C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unfold puff pastry and use a rolling pin to roll it out a bit to make it wider.
- Use a knife, pizza cutter or pastry cutter to cut thin strips all the way up to 2/3 of the length of the pastry.
- Spread tomato pizza sauce over the remaining long uncut dough. You can find my recipe for tomato pizza sauce here.
- Top with Mozzarella cheese, pepperoni slices and Parmesan in this order.
- Separate the dough strips a bit and start folding the dough with the filling all over the strips.
- Carefully transfer the log to the prepared baking sheet, form into a circle and seal the edges.
- Brush the top of the ring with beaten egg and sprinkle Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Let it cool slightly before serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.