- Chocolate Norwegian Cake - Chocolate Verdens Beste
- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
Tortilla de Patatas - Spanish Omelette - Tortilla Española
Watch the video for this recipe:
Tortilla de Patatas or either known as Spanish Omelette or Tortilla Española is a traditional dish from Spain which is made with basic simple ingredients like eggs potatoes and onion.
The potatoes and onion are cooked in extra- virgin olive oil until tender but not brown. The potatoes are then drained and mixed with whisked eggs, returned to the pan and cooked again on both sides in little oil until golden brown. Some like it more runny, some like it more dry, it’s totally up to you. It is simply delicious and a crowd pleaser.
This Spanish Omelette is really easy to prepare, can be served warm or cold at room temperature. We loved it alongside some fresh salad and crusty bread. Hope you will loe it too and enjoy!
- Makes about 3-4 servings
- 3 medium potatoes (about 650g)
- 5 eggs
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- Salt to taste
- 2 1/2 cups (600ml) good quality extra-virgin olive oil
- Peel potatoes, cut in half and then in quarters. Cut into ? inch (3mm) slices.
- Cut onion into thin slices.
- In a 9.5 inch (24cm) non-stick frying pan heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and onion, add salt to taste and reduce heat to medium. Cook for about 10-12 minutes until potatoes are fork tender but not brown.
- Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and place into a sieve over a bowl to let the oil drain. Let cool slightly. The olive oil can be strained and reused.
- Meanwhile crack eggs into a large bowl. Season with salt and whisk to combine. Add cooled potatoes and onion and stir to combine.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil into the non-stick pan and add potato and egg mixture. Stir the mixture to get some cooked egg on top. Press slightly and let the tortilla cook for 5-6 minutes. Tuck the edges in and place a larger plate on top of the pan. Flip the tortilla onto the plate and slide the tortilla back into the pan.
- Now depending on your taste preferences if you want it more moist and runny or more cooked inside cook the tortilla for 2-4 minutes more. Invert onto a serving plate and let sit for a few minutes.
- Serve tortilla warm alongside some fresh salad and crusty bread. Enjoy!