These Crispy Sliced Roasted Potatoes are one of the best roasted potatoes you can ever make. Potatoes never look more beautiful than this and they taste as good as they look. Thinly sliced potatoes tossed in olive oil, Parmesan, garlic, breadcrumbs and thyme are roasted to golden perfection and served with crispy bacon bits. There is no doubt these potatoes are a great side dish choice for Thanksgiving or Christmas or for any other occasion any other time of the year.
This recipe for Crispy Sliced Potatoes is very easy to prepare, doesn’t require a lot of ingredients, it is easily adjustable and aesthetically is very pleasing. Parmesan, garlic and thyme are adding an amazing flavor but feel free to use your favorite herbs or other type of cheese to better suit your tastes.
I have no doubt this dish will become a family favorite so I hope you will give this recipe a try and as always, enjoy!
Crispy Sliced Roasted Potatoes
- 4 pounds (1.8kg) gold potatoes peeled
- 1 tbsp (14g) butter for greasing the pan
- 1/4 cup (60g) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (50g) Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp (24g) breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp (3g) garlic powder
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3.5 oz (100g) bacon cooked to crispy bits
- fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease the bottom and sides of a 9 inch (23cm) cast iron pan with butter. Set aside.
- Use a mandoline, or a food processor to slice potatoes very thinly.
- Transfer the sliced potatoes to a large bowl.
- Add olive oil, Parmesan cheese, thyme, garlic, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- Layer the potato slices into stacks and arrange them in the prepared pan, stacked vertically.
- Bake uncovered for 60-70 minutes until the edges and tops are crisp and golden brown and the centers are tender.
- Sprinkle crispy bacon bits and fresh thyme and serve! Enjoy!