These Crispy Sliced Roasted Potatoes are one of the best-roasted potatoes you can ever make. Potatoes never looked more beautiful than this and they taste as good as they look. Thinly sliced potatoes tossed in olive oil, Parmesan, garlic, breadcrumbs, and thyme are roasted to golden perfection and served with crispy bacon bits. There is no doubt these potatoes are a great side dish choice for Thanksgiving or Christmas or any other occasion at any other time of the year.
How to make Crispy Sliced Potatoes
This recipe for Crispy Sliced Potatoes is very easy to prepare, doesn’t require a lot of ingredients, is easily adjustable, and is aesthetically very pleasing.
First, use a mandoline, or a food processor to slice potatoes very thinly. Transfer the sliced potatoes to a large bowl. Add olive oil, Parmesan cheese, thyme, garlic, breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
Layer the potato slices into stacks and arrange them in a greased 9-inch (23cm) pan, stacked vertically.
Bake uncovered for 60-70 minutes at 375°F (190°C), until the edges and tops are crisp and golden brown and the centers are tender. Before serving sprinkle crispy bacon bits and fresh thyme and serve!
Parmesan, garlic, and thyme are adding an amazing flavor but feel free to use your favorite herbs or another type of cheese to better suit your tastes.
I have no doubt this dish will become a family favorite so I hope you will give this recipe a try, and as always, enjoy, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you try it out!
Other potato recipes you may like
If you are in search of a potato dish you came to the right place. As a potato lover myself I am glad to share with you my favorite potato recipes.
This Meat and Potato Skillet recipe is a hearty and flavorful one-pan dish that will please the whole family. It is easy to make, budget-friendly, and can be ready in 30 minutes.
This Potato Crust Quiche is another healthy, delicious, and comforting dish that we love. It combines the creamy texture of quiche with the savory flavor of potato crust.
These Bloomin’ Baked Potatoes are a great dish either for lunch or dinner or for various special occasions. Everybody will adore these baked potatoes. They are crispy on the outside while still soft and tender inside, topped with that melted cheese, sour cream and crispy chorizo.
For more po,tato recipes check our collection of Potato Recipes.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Potato Crust Quiche
Meat and Potato Skillet
Basic Mashed Potatoes
Sheet Pan BBQ Chicken and Roasted Veggies
Whole Roasted Chicken
Tortilla de Patatas – Spanish Omelette
Potato Crust Pizza
Potato Gratin (Potato Dauphinois)
Chicken Stuffed Baked Potatoes
Baked Parmesan Sweet Potato Fries
Cheese Potato Pancakes
Roasted Potatoes, Parsnips and Carrots
Potato Tuna Patties
Easy Potato Soufflé
Roasted Potato and Cheese Tater Tots
Mashed Potato Pancakes
Twice Baked Potato with Egg on Top
Crispy Oven Fries
The Best Roasted Potatoes
Crispy Sliced Roasted Potatoes
- 4 pounds (1.8kg) gold potatoes peeled
- 1 tbsp (14g) butter for greasing the pan
- 1/4 cup (60g) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (50g) Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp (24g) breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp (3g) garlic powder
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3.5 oz (100g) bacon cooked to crispy bits
- fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease the bottom and sides of a 9 inch (23cm) cast iron pan with butter. Set aside.
- Use a mandoline, or a food processor to slice potatoes very thinly.
- Transfer the sliced potatoes to a large bowl.
- Add olive oil, Parmesan cheese, thyme, garlic, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- Layer the potato slices into stacks and arrange them in the prepared pan, stacked vertically.
- Bake uncovered for 60-70 minutes until the edges and tops are crisp and golden brown and the centers are tender.
- Sprinkle crispy bacon bits and fresh thyme and serve! Enjoy!