- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
- Spinach and Shiitake Mushroom Stuffing
White Chocolate and Coconut Truffles
Watch the video for this recipe:
For everybody out here who love coconut here they come - Coconut truffles, so smooth, delicious, melt in your mouth dessert with coconut coating. They are easy to make at home. You don't need many ingredients, the basic are cream, coconut and chocolate and the rest depends on your preferences like, vanilla, orange peel and hazelnuts.
- Makes about 20 truffles
- 1/4 cup (60ml) whipping cream (35%fat)
- 7 oz (200g) white chocolate, good quality, broken into chuncks
- 1 tbsp (14g) butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- 1/3 cup (33g) unsweetened coconut flakes
- zest from an orange, optional
- 20 hazelnuts, toasted or not
- 1/3 cup (33g) unsweetened coconut flakes for rolling
- Melt chocolate with cream in a bain marie over low heat. Stir continuously until the chocolate is almost melted. Add butter and continue stirring until smooth. Remove from heat. Add vanilla extract and orange zest if using.
- Stir in coconut flakes, let it cool, cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours until the mixture gets firm enough to roll it into balls.
- Using a teaspoon roll the mixture into small balls adding a hazelnut inside. Roll each ball into coconut flakes. Serve or refrigerate until ready to serve. They keep well refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.