Few years ago wouldn’t have thought to prepare an appetizer with beans as the main ingredient. I have always considered beans suitable only for main dish recipes like stews, soups or over salad. Visiting my brother’s family in United States during one summer, I had the chance to serve these white bean crostini which I found really easy and truly delicious. I really wanted to share the recipe with you as it is simply delightful.
The recipe for these white bean crostini is very easy and quick and makes a healthy delicious appetizer that is great for holiday tables. The best part is that you can prepare the white bean dip a few days in advance and save some time too. Give it a try my friends, I am sure you’ll love it.
White Bean Crostini
- 1 baguette
- Extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
White Beans dip
- 2 cups of white beans , boiled
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp of parsley , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Cut baguette into slices. Brush olive oil onto the top of each slice and place onto a large baking sheet. Sprinkle each slice with some sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place into the oven for about 15 minutes or until they are light golden brown. Remove and let cool.
- Blend beans in food processor but leave chunky. Add salt, pepper, oil, lemon juice, parsley and garlic and stir until well combined. You can boil the beans one day before like I did, let them cool and refrigerate. I prefer to boil the beans instead of using cans.
- Top each piece of crostini with bean puree. Garnish with freshly ground pepper. Enjoy!