Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Baked Cheese Balls
Posted on November 14, 2011
Simple and fast recipe for a delicious cheese appetizer. My family serves them often at holiday tables. You can fry them as well but baking is more healthy.
- Makes about 28-30 cheese balls
- 3 cups grated semi-hard cheese
- 3 tbsp semolina
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp fresh dill, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a medium bowl mix the grated cheese with semolina flour. Then add the egg, salt, pepper and dill and mix thoroughly to form a dough.
- Take about 1 tbsp of mixture and shape into balls. Place the cheese balls on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15–20 minutes and another 3-5 minutes on broil.
Nutrition facts 1 Cheese Ball - Calories:51, Fat:3.9 g, Saturated Fat:2.4 g, Carbohydrates:0.9 g, Protein:3.1 g, Cholesterol:18 mg, Calories from Fat 35, Sodium 72 mg, Vitamin A 2%, Calcium 8%, Vitamin C 0%, Iron 1%, Nutrition Grade D, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.