Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Baked Cheese Balls
Posted on November 14, 2011
Baked cheese balls are simple and fast to make and turns into a delicious cheese appetizer. My family serves them often at holiday tables. You can fry the cheese balls as well but baking is healthier.
- Makes about 28-30 cheese balls
- 3 cups grated semi-hard cheese
- 3 tbsp semolina
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp fresh dill, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a medium bowl mix the grated cheese with semolina flour. Then add the egg, salt, pepper and dill and mix thoroughly to form a dough.
- Take about 1 tbsp of mixture and shape into balls. Place the cheese balls on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15–20 minutes and another 3-5 minutes on broil.
Nutrition facts 1 Cheese Ball - Calories:51, Fat:3.9 g, Saturated Fat:2.4 g, Carbohydrates:0.9 g, Protein:3.1 g, Cholesterol:18 mg, Calories from Fat 35, Sodium 72 mg, Vitamin A 2%, Calcium 8%, Vitamin C 0%, Iron 1%, Nutrition Grade D, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.