Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Barbeque Sweet Rolls
Posted on April 26, 2011
An utterly delectable-looking grill: kurtos kalacs rolls with tender crispy crust filled with vanilla cream and strawberry.
40 mins + 1 hr rise
- Makes about 23-25 rolls
- 1.2 kg flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 lemon finely grated zest
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 8 tbsp sugar
- 50 g fresh yeast
- 10 tbsp oil
- 500 ml (2 cups) warm milk
- 1 egg
- cinnamon (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix flour with sugar. Dissolve the fresh yeast in little warm milk and add to the flour mixture. Add eggs and rest of the milk, sour cream, lemon zest and oil and mix everything together. Knead until smooth. Cover it and let it sit for about 1 hour at room temperature, to let the dough rise until nearly doubled in size.
- Punch the dough down, knead, and split into 23-25 equal pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a thin rope, about 30 cm (12 inches) long . You can use oil if the dough is sticky.
- Grease the bottom of a barbeque stick and wrap dough rope around it. Beat the egg and brush each roll. Sprinkle sugar (and cinnamon if using) all over the roll surface and roast it slowly over the fire until golden brown.
- When it's done, let it cool for a minute then remove slowly from the stick and serve with vanilla cream filling, fresh strawberries on top and sprinkle with strawberry topping.
Nutrition facts 1 Roll - Calories:279, Fat:7.7 g, Saturated Fat:1.6 g, Unsaturated Fat:0.0 g, Carbohydrates:44.6 g, Sugar:7.3 g, Fiber:1.7 g, Protein:7.6 g, Cholesterol:40 mg, Calories from Fat 69, Sodium 24mg, Vitamin A 2%, Calcium 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Iron 15%, Nutrition Grade B+, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.