This Pea Stew is a healthy and tasty dish, suitable for cold winter days, alongside some freshly baked homemade bread. It is a hearty dish and very comforting, one of my favorite stews for my daughters.
I love using peas in various dishes, like stews and various salads or in vegetable soups as peas are packed with a lot of fiber and protein and I think it is essential to introduce all their nutrients into our kids meals.
- 800 g canned green peas
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/3 cup celery root, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 tsp Hungarian paprika
- 200 ml vegetable stock or water
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes, puree
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 100 ml cold water
- 1 1/2 tbsp corn starch
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a sauce pan heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add carrot, red pepper and celery root and saute for 10 minutes. Add paprika, tomatoes and vegetable stock and stir. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Add peas and whole water from the can, soy sauce, salt if still needed and pepper, cover and bring to a boil. Add corn starch dissolved in 100 ml water. Stir constantly until the stew thickens. Remove from heat and serve with homemade freshly baked bread.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
This pea stew looks delicious! I love all the ingredients too!
This looks delicious! Can’t wait to try out the recipe! Thanks so much for sharing! =]
What a great recipe, and I LOVE your photography!! I am curious about what you used for a garnish in the photo, is it parsley?
This looks great! I love that you added soy sauce!
hi Ella! this looks absolutely delicious! I think there was maybe a typo in the nutrition section and the calories do not appear, do you think you can edit it please? Looking forward to trying this recipe!!!