These Chocolate Brioches with their crispy exterior and buttery, soft, chocolatey interior are a fantastic treat either for breakfast alongside a cup of coffee or milk or simply as a snack all day round.
These Chocolate Brioches are baked in a muffin pan and are easy to pack in school lunches or simply take to go.
How to make chocolate brioches.
The recipe for these chocolate brioches is very easy. It requires only a few ingredients you usually have in your pantry. First, prepare the dough. Dissolve yeast in milk and let it rest for a few minutes to activate.
In a large bowl combine flour with sugar and salt. Add milk, dissolved yeast, beaten egg and vanilla extract and start kneading the dough, for about 5 minutes, until smooth and slightly pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
Add butter and continue kneading until well incorporated. Let the dough rise in a warm place for at least 1 hour or until doubled in size.
Only now, after the first rising time, incorporate the chocolate chips. On a floured surface divide the dough into 12 equal pieces and shape into balls. Transfer to a greased muffin pan and let them rise again for 15-20 minutes. Brush with beaten egg, sprinkle the top with sugar and bake until golden brown.
Let them cool slightly and enjoy while still a bit warm. These brioches are delightful.
If you like sweet bread recipes you may also like this Nutella Pull Apart Bread or this amazing Estonian Kringle. These Knots made in 4 ways are also a great idea for kids school lunches.
Hope you will try these satisfying Chocolate Brioches and let me know if you try them out or tag me on Instagram. Enjoy as much as we did!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Chocolate Swirl Bread
Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
- 3¼ cups (400g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 2¼ tsp (7g) active dry yeast (or 25 g fresh yeast)
- 1 cup (240ml) lukewarm milk
- 1 egg , beaten
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (56g) butter , softened
- 1 cup (170g) semisweet chocolate chips
Prepare the dough.
- In a medium bowl add yeast, 1 tsp (5g) sugar and 1/4 cup (60ml) lukewarm milk. Let it rest for 5 minutes to activate the yeast.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar and salt. Add the remaining milk, dissolved yeast, beaten egg and vanilla extract. Start kneading until smooth, for about 5 minutes.
- Add softened butter, incorporate it into the dough and continue kneading until well incorporated, smooth and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Transfer the dough into an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let the dough rest for about 1 hour at room temperature (warm space) until doubled in size.
Prepare the chocolate brioches.
- Add chocolate chips to the dough and gently incorporate them into the dough.
- On a floured surface turn the dough out and divide into 12 equal pieces. Roll each piece into balls.
- Transfer the dough pieces into a 12-cup greased muffin pan. Cover with a kitchen towel and let the brioches rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Brush each brioche with beaten egg and sprinkle sugar on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.