Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
A delicious carrot recipe, perfect side dish for Thanksgiving Day. Extremely easy to make, the carrots are cooked with brown sugar and butter and minimum of liquid to bring out the best of their flavor. The orange and toasted walnuts add a pleasant aroma to them.
- Makes about 2-3 servings
- 2 cups julienne-cut carrots
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 orange grated peel
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts - toasted
- Melt the butter in a nonstick pan over medium heat; add sugar, stirring until melted.
- Stir in carrots, orange peel, salt, pepper and water. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes at medium low heat stirring occasionally until carrots are crisp-tender. Remove the lid and continue cooking until the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove the pan from heat, stir in chopped fresh parsley and toasted walnuts and serve warm along meat.