I have been seeing Bloomin’ Baked Potatoes for quite some time now and kept wanting to give them a try. These bloomin’ potatoes look so inviting and make such a great dish either for lunch or dinner or for special occasions when you have guests around. Everybody will adore these baked potatoes and no wonder why. They get crispy on the outside while still soft and tender inside, topped with that melted cheese, sour cream and crispy chorizo. They are so so good that it is simply hard to resist such a treat.
The recipe is very easy, simply cut off the top of the potatoes, make circular cuts, flip and cut all the way around, brush with olive oil, add spices and bake until perfectly cooked and crisp. Top these Bloomin’ Baked Potatoes with cheese and let it melt and voila… it is ready to serve. Top with your favorite toppings like sour cream or yogurt and avocado dips, crispy cooked bacon or chorizo, green onion, chives or your favorite herbs and enjoy, as we sure did!
Bloomin Onion Bread
Chicken Stuffed Baked Potatoes
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Bloomin Baked Potatoes
- 2 medium potatoes about 10 oz (300g) each
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp (1g) garlic powder
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (50g) Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (25g) Parmesan cheese
- sour cream
- cooked crispy chorizo or bacon
- green onion or chives
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut off the top of the potatoes. Start making circular cuts around the inside of the potatoes.
- Flip the potatoes and make cuts all the way through, leaving a small space on top uncut.
- Flip the potatoes and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the potatoes with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, freshly ground black pepper, garlic powder and breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Brush again with olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes more or until tender.
- Sprinkle cheddar and parmesan cheese on top of the potatoes.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes more until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream, crispy chorizo or bacon and green onion. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
Thanks for another amazing demo. I have been a big fan iof yours for many years and always look forward to new creations delivered to my in-box. I have tried a few of your techniques, but, because I am not a seasoned cook, i always seems to fall behind your standards of cooking. Even the way you “salting” fingers move, it just dances with the food! I noticed that in the last while (maybe a year or so) that the videos no longer feature your smiling face. The video focuses on the actual hands and table where you do your creations. I wish I still can see your smiling face and curly tops. TFS and looking forward to more creations that I can view and try to simulate procedures.
Hi Aurora 🙂 So nice to hear from you.. yes..I guess I have to show myself more often:) I'm quite shy :)) but I've started to appear again in my videos.. at least in some of them. Hope you will try these out too 🙂 they are soo good.