Have you ever heard of Bloomin’ Baked Potatoes? These deliciously crispy and flavorful potatoes have been gaining popularity in recent years, and it’s easy to see why. They are a fun and unique twist on the traditional baked potato, with a crispy “blooming” exterior and a soft and tender interior.
These potatoes look so inviting and make for a perfect dish for either lunch or dinner or even for special occasions when you have guests around. The best part is that they are sure to be a crowd-pleaser as everyone will adore them. Once you take a bite, you’ll know why – the outer layer is crispy and crunchy, while the inside is still soft and tender, topped with that delicious melted cheese, sour cream, and crispy chorizo.
How to make Bloomin’ Baked Potatoes
The recipe for these Bloomin’ Baked Potatoes is incredibly easy to follow. Simply cut off the top of the potatoes, make circular cuts, flip and cut all the way around. Brush with olive oil, add spices and bake until perfectly cooked and crisp. Once out of the oven, top them with your choice of cheese and let it melt over the top, creating a gooey, cheesy delight that will have everyone coming back for more.
To add even more flavor to these tasty potatoes, feel free to top them with your favorite toppings. You can use sour cream or yogurt and avocado dips, crispy cooked bacon or chorizo, green onion, chives, or your favorite herbs. This dish is so versatile and can be adapted to anyone’s tastes, making it a must-try recipe that you will surely fall in love with. Trust me, once you taste these Bloomin’ Baked Potatoes, you won’t be able to resist such a treat. If you try them out, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram, as I love seeing how it turns out for you.
If you share our love for potatoes, be sure to take a look at our collection of Potato Recipes. You’ll find plenty of inspiration for cooking this versatile and delicious ingredient in a variety of ways.
Bloomin Baked Potatoes
- 2 medium potatoes about 10 oz (300g) each
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp (1g) garlic powder
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (50g) Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (25g) Parmesan cheese
- sour cream
- cooked crispy chorizo or bacon
- green onion or chives
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut off the top of the potatoes. Start making circular cuts around the inside of the potatoes.
- Flip the potatoes and make cuts all the way through, leaving a small space on top uncut.
- Flip the potatoes and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the potatoes with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, freshly ground black pepper, garlic powder and breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Brush again with olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes more or until tender.
- Sprinkle cheddar and parmesan cheese on top of the potatoes.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes more until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream, crispy chorizo or bacon and green onion. Enjoy!