These Tortilla Egg Muffins are a delightful idea for breakfast or brunch and are very easy and quick to prepare. These mini treats are a perfect blend of fluffy eggs, veggies, crispy bacon and savory cheese, all nestled in cozy tortilla cups. They can be prepared in advance and can make a great choice for busy mornings or used in lunch boxes either for school or work.
These tortilla egg muffins are not only delicious but also customizable. You can add different veggies and various cheese options, allowing you to adapt them to your preferences. The tortilla cups give a nice little crunch that goes really well with the smooth eggs.
They offer a satisfying blend of flavors and textures, making them a go-to option for a quick and wholesome start to the day.
Whether you’re savoring them on the go or enjoying them with a cup of coffee at the table, these muffins will surely become a favorite part of your breakfast routine.
How to make tortilla egg muffins
First, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and use butter to grease 12 muffin cups. Leave them aside for later use.
Next, cook the bacon on medium-high heat until it turns crisp. Then, move it onto a plate lined with a paper towel and let it cool for a bit.
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and cream. Keep it aside while you prepare the tortilla cups.
Cut the flour tortillas into 12 circles, each about 3.5-4 inches (9-10cm) wide. You can use a cookie cutter, bowl, or cup – whichever works best for you.
Line the muffin cups with these tortilla circles.
Now, distribute 3 tablespoons (15g) of Parmesan cheese, the bacon, green onion, and feta cheese evenly among the tortilla cups.
Pour the egg mixture into the cups, making sure to divide it equally.
Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese and some black pepper on top.
Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until the tortilla cups turn a golden brown and the egg mixture puffs up nicely.
Move them onto a cooling rack and add a finishing touch of freshly ground black pepper and green onion. Then, it’s time to savor your creation!
Hope you will try these Tortilla Egg Muffins and experience a delightful morning feast. If you do, don’t forget to share the photos with me on Instagram. Enjoy!
Other egg recipes you may like to try
With this no yeast pizza dough you can easily prepare homemade pizza any time of the day. It is quick, easy to prepare, and ready in no minute. This quick No-Yeast Breakfast Pizza with a runny egg on top turns out to be one of the best ways of serving eggs in the morning.
Discover the delicious blend of poached eggs in a zesty tomato sauce with our Shakshuka recipe. It is easy to make, healthy, comforting, and bursting with flavor.
Easy, quick and so appetizing, these Egg Boats are crispy on the outside, soft inside and are great served warm alongside some fresh salad.
This Crustless Spinach Bacon Quiche is really flavorful and very comforting. It is a perfect dish alongside some crusty bread and a fresh salad for breakfast or lunch.
This Filo Mini Quiches can make a great appetizer or snack that looks quite amazing. Made with filo sheets for a crispy shell with a flavorful egg and pancetta filling they will definitely won’t pass unnoticed.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Twice Baked Potato with Egg on Top
Mushroom Egg Galette
Eggless Savory Scones
Cheese Zucchini Muffins
Crustless Zucchini Quiche
The Best Yogurt Flatbreads
Potato Crust Quiche
Muffin Pan Popovers
Tortilla de Patatas – Spanish Omelette – Tortilla Española
Quick and Easy French Toast
Scrambled Eggs with Sunflower Seeds
Tortilla Egg Muffins
- flour tortillas , about 4-5 large tortillas
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60g) cream
- 1/2 tsp tsp (3g) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1g) black pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- 4 oz (120g) bacon
- 2 spring green onions
- 1/4 cup (25g) Parmesan cheese , grated, divided
- 1/4 cup (25g) Feta cheese , crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C) and grease 12 muffin cups with butter. Set aside until ready to use.
- Fry bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and let cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl whisk the eggs with salt and pepper. Nutmeg and cream. Set aside until you prepare the tortilla cups.
- Cut the flour tortillas into 12 circles, 3.5 – 4-inch (9-10cm) each, using a cookie cutter or a bowl or cup, whichever works best for you.
- Line the muffin cups with tortilla circles.
- Divide 3 tbsp (15g) Parmesan cheese, bacon, green onion and feta cheese evenly among the tortilla cups.
- Divide egg mixture evenly into tortilla cups.
- Top with the remaining Parmesan cheese and black pepper.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes until the tortilla cups are golden brown and the egg mixture puffs up nicely.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and decorate with freshly ground black pepper and green onion. Enjoy!