These Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Goat Cheese and Candied Bacon are the perfect side dish for any occasion, but they are particularly great for Thanksgiving. If you are tired of the same old sweet potato and marshmallow casserole, this recipe will be a welcome change. The combination of savory and sweet flavors in this dish is sure to impress your guests.
To make this recipe, slice your sweet potatoes into rounds and roast them in the oven until they are tender and golden brown. While the sweet potatoes are roasting, prepare the toppings. This recipe uses soft, tangy goat cheese, which pairs perfectly with the sweet potatoes. Chopped pecans add a nice crunch, while fresh herbs like thyme or rosemary add a pop of flavor.
And let’s not forget about the star of the show – the candied bacon. Candied bacon is crispy, salty, and sweet all at once, making it the perfect complement to the creamy sweet potatoes.
The result is a dish that is both elegant and comforting.
How to make Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Goat Cheese and Candied Bacon
Begin by preheating the oven to 350 F (180C) and lining a baking sheet with parchment paper, placing a wire rack on top. Next, mix brown sugar with cinnamon and spread it evenly on both sides of the bacon, adding a sprinkle of fresh ground pepper. Place the bacon on the wire rack and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until it becomes caramelized. Let it cool and chop it up into small bits.
For the roasted potatoes, preheat the oven to 425F (220C) and slice the potatoes into 1/3 inches (1 cm) thick rounds. In a large bowl, combine the sliced sweet potatoes with oil, salt, pepper, cumin, and paprika. Spread the seasoned potatoes on the baking sheet in a single layer without overcrowding them and bake for 30-40 minutes until they are beautifully browned, flipping the slices halfway through the baking process.
When ready to serve, arrange the roasted potatoes on a platter and sprinkle them with goat cheese, candied bacon bits, and pecans. Finish with a sprinkle of herbs and serve the dish warm. Enjoy the flavorful combination of sweet and savory elements in this delicious and satisfying meal.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Goat Cheese and Candied Bacon are not only delicious, but they are also easy to make. This recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner or a holiday gathering. So the next time you are looking for a new way to serve sweet potatoes, give this recipe a try. You won’t be disappointed! If you do, make sure to share the photos with me on Instagram. Enjoy!
Other sweet potato recipes you may like to try
This Skillet Sweet Potato Bread with Pecan Cranberry Cheese Dip is one of the most impressive and delightful dishes you can prepare for holiday gatherings. The skillet consists of fluffy and soft homemade sweet potato bread rolls ring with a warm gooey melted cheese dip with toasted pecans, dried cranberries and honey in the center.
This Sweet Potato Soufflé is one of the most comforting side dishes perfect for the fall season. With a crispy top and a light and fluffy interior, this flavorful souffle is best served hot right out of the oven.
These Twice Baked Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are the perfect combination of sweet and savory and are sure to be a hit with your guests.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Goat Cheese and Candied Bacon
For roasted potatoes
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (about 800-900g) , peeled
- 1 tsp (3g) sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2g) cumin
- 3 tbsp (40g) olive oil
- Salt to taste
- pepper to taste
For candied bacon
- 4,5 slices of bacon
- 2 tbsp (30g) light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1g) cinnamon
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp (20g) chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp fresh herbs ( such as parsley , cilantro
- 2 1/2 oz (75g) goat cheese
- candied bacon
Prepare the candied bacon.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a wire rack on top of it. Mix the brown sugar with cinnamon and spread evenly on both sides of bacon, sprinkle with fresh ground pepper and place on the wire rack.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until bacon is caramelized. Bacon will crisp up as it cools. Chop it up into small bits.
Prepare the roasted potatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 425F (220C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice potatoes into 1/3 inches (1 cm) thick rounds.
- In a large bowl combine sliced sweet potatoes with oil, salt, pepper, cumin and paprika.
- Spread the sweet potatoes on the sheet pan in a single layer without overcrowding them and bake for 30-40 minutes until beautifully browned. Flip the potato slices halfway through baking.
- Arrange potatoes on a platter and sprinkle with goat cheese, candied bacon bits and pecans. Finish with herbs. Serve warm.