Spice things up at your Thanksgiving celebration with this jalapeño and sun-dried tomato skillet cornbread. Studded with corn kernels, this corn bread turns out moist and fluffy and bursts with flavor.
This recipe is easy to make , comes together pretty quick and is sure to please your guests. Use a cast iron skillet to bake this quick bread and slice it up into wedges once it cools! Enjoy!
Grilled Corn Fritters
Potato Gratin (Potato Dauphinois)
Macaroni and Cheese
Spice things up at your Thanksgiving celebration with this jalapeño and sun-dried tomato cornbread. Studded with corn kernels and cheese, this corn bread turns out moist and fluffy and bursts with flavor.
- 1 cup (150g) cornmeal ( stone ground preferably )
- 1 cup (125g) all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp (45g) sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- 1/2 tsp (3g) baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp (6g) baking powder
- 1 cup (240ml) buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup (56g) butter , melted
- 3/4 cup (130g) sweet corn (fresh , thawed
- 1 jalapeno pepper , finely diced
- 2 tbsp (20g) sun-dried tomatoes , finely diced
- 1/2 cup (50g) cheddar cheese , grated
- 2 tbsp (6g) fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp (14g) butter , for melting in the skillet
- Preheat the oven to 400 F(200 C).
- In a large bowl mix together corn flour, all purpose flour, salt, sugar, baking soda and baking powder.
- In the same bowl add corn, jalapeño pepper, cheese, cilantro and Sun-Dried tomatoes. Mix until evenly distributed.
- In a separate bowl combine all wet ingredients (make sure they are all at room temperature) : buttermilk, eggs and melted butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dried ingredients folding them in, being careful not to overmix – there can be a few lumps.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a 9-inch (23cm) cast iron or oven-proof skillet.
- Pour batter immediately into pan. Decorate with jalapeno slices and sun dried tomatoes if desired.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Serving: 1gCalories: 218kcalCarbohydrates: 31.1gProtein: 6.4gFat: 8.2gSaturated Fat: 4.5gCholesterol: 51mgSugar: 6.7g
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.