For anyone who loves carrot cake, these mini carrot cake bites are an absolute must-try! These little treats are light, airy and bursting with flavor, topped off with a smooth and creamy vanilla cream cheese frosting that you can customize to your liking. This recipe doesn’t include nuts or raisins, but you can always add them in if that’s your preference. These mini cakes are ideal for Easter, spring gatherings, or even birthdays.
How to make Carrot Cake Bites
Start by preparing the carrot cake. For this line a 8-inch (20 cm) square baking pan with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 350 F (180C). Mix the oil, sugar, and eggs in a large bowl. Add in all the dry ingredients, and mix until combined. At the end add in the grated carrots. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and b ake for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.Remove the cake from the oven and let the cake cool completely.
Meanwhile, prepare the cream cheese frosting. In a large bowl mix together the cream cheese, the powdered sugar, and the vanilla, until stiff peaks form.
Use a 1.3-inch (3.5 cm) round cookie cutter to cut out circles of cake. Transfer them to a serving platter.
Transfer the cream cheese frosting into a piping bag, fitted with a star nozzle tip. Gently pipe the cream filling on top of each mini cake.
For decoration, you can use Easter sprinkles, chocolate eggs, fresh fruits, nuts or almonds.
Hope you will try these amazing carrot cake bites. If you do, don’t forget to share the photos with me on Instagram. Happy baking everyone!
Other carrot cake recipes you may like to try
This Caramel Carrot Cake is a scrumptious twist on the classic carrot cake, featuring a rich caramel flavor that pairs perfectly with the sweet and spicy carrot cake. It’s a dessert that is sure to satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth. We also highly recommend trying this Refined Sugar-Free Carrot Cake is a healthier version of the traditional carrot cake, made without any processed sugar. This cake is still sweet and moist, thanks to natural sweeteners, like dates and honey and loaded with nutritious ingredients like carrots and nuts. This Carrot Cake Roll is a delicious and unique dessert that combines the flavors of carrot cake with the light and fluffy texture of a cake roll. The roll is filled with a creamy Mascarpone cheese frosting, making it an irresistible dessert that is perfect for any occasion.
Carrot Cake Bites
- 2 eggs
- 5 tbsp (70ml) vegetable oil
- 3/4 1/cup (150g) brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (95g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 1/2 tsp (1.5g) cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp (1.5g) nutmeg powder
- 1/3 tsp (1.5g) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1.5g) baking soda
- 1 cup (170g) grated carrots
Cream cheese frosting
- 12 oz (360g) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (60g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- Chocolate eggs, nuts, sprinkles
Prepare the carrot cake.
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Line an 8-inch (20 cm) square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients, and set aside.
- Grate the carrots.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, the sugar and the eggs.
- Add in the dry ingredients, and mix until combined.
- Add in the carrots, and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 30 mins, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven. Let cool completely.
Prepare the cream cheese frosting.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, mix together all the ingredients until stiff peaks form.
- Transfer the filling into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle tip.
Assemble the carrot cake bites.
- Using a 1.3-inch (3.5 cm) round cookie cutter, cut out circles of cake. Transfer them to a serving platter.
- Pipe little dollops of cream cheese filling on every mini cake.
- Decorate with Easter sprinkles, chocolate eggs, nuts or almonds.