I have always loved making recipes from scratch. One such delightful creation is this Strawberry Easter Cake, a delightful combination of a strawberry layer cake with a delectable white chocolate strawberry frosting, topped with a rich chocolate ganache and adorned with an Easter-themed decoration.
This cake is undoubtedly one of the scrumptious strawberry cakes I have ever made, and what’s more, it is incredibly easy to prepare. Its delightful flavors and light, airy texture makes it the perfect dessert to celebrate the arrival of spring and the Easter holidays.
To make this cake even more impressive, I topped it with a chocolate nest made from a blend of chocolate and vermicelli noodles. The result is a stunning and visually appealing decoration that is sure to impress your guests.
How to make Easter Strawberry Cake
First, prepare the strawberry cake layers using three 7-inch (18cm) pans. This simplifies the process of assembling the cake, as it eliminates the need for evenly cutting the cake layers.
While the cake cools, prepare the strawberry jam and white chocolate strawberry frosting. The frosting is easy to prepare and results in one of the most flavorful strawberry frostings you can ever prepare.
Assemble the cake by filling the cake layers with strawberry frosting and fresh strawberry slices. Top the cake with chocolate ganache drips and chocolate nest.
The Strawberry Easter Cake is a crowd-pleaser and is perfect for any celebration, be it an Easter party or any other occasion. Its bright, vibrant colors and festive decoration will surely add a touch of joy and cheer to your celebration.
I highly recommend trying this recipe out, as it is not only a delicious treat but also it’s also fun and creative to prepare it. So, gather your ingredients and get ready to impress your loved ones with this stunning and scrumptious Strawberry Easter Cake. Make sure to tag me on Instagram if you try it out, as I love seeing how it turns out for you. Enjoy!
Other Easter layer cakes you may like to try
This mouthwatering Caramel Carrot Cake is another cake I highly recommend making for Easter. It is one of the most beloved cakes on my website. This White Chocolate Pineapple Cake is a deliciously delicate and flavorful dessert ideal for celebrating Easter. Another layered cake we love is this Hummingbird Cake. It is a sweet and delectable dessert that blends the rich taste of bananas and pineapple with the delightful crunch of pecans and luscious cream cheese and white chocolate frosting.
Strawberry Easter Cake
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ tsp (10g) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter , room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup (250g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp (10g) vanilla extract
- 7 oz (200g) fresh strawberries , pureed
- Red food coloring
Strawberry Jam - makes 1/3 cup (80g) jam
- 7 oz (200g) fresh or frozen strawberries , cut into quarters
- 2 tbsp (30g) sugar
White Chocolate Strawberry Frosting
- 5.5 oz (150g) white chocolate , small pieces
- 1/4 cup (60g) whipping cream
- 10 oz (300g) cream cheese , room temperature
- 1/3 cup (40g) powdered sugar
- 1 ¼ cup (300g) whipping cream (35% fat) , chilled
- 1/3 cup (80g) seeded strawberry jam
- 6-7 tsp (6g) freeze-dried strawberries , finely ground
- red food coloring
- 7 oz (200g) strawberry , sliced
- 3.5 oz (100g) semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup (120g) whipping cream
- 2 oz (60g) semisweet chocolate
- 0.7 oz (20g) rice vermicelli noodles
- mini chocolate Easter eggs
Prepare the strawberry cake layers.
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Grease and line with parchment paper three 7-inch (18 cm) round cake pans.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add butter with sugar and mix for few minutes until creamy. Add eggs one at a time and mix until well incorporated.
- Add sour cream and vanilla extract and mix to combine. Gradually mix in flour mixture and in the end add fresh strawberry puree and red food coloring.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let pans cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the pan and let them cool completely.
Prepare strawberry jam for the frosting.
- Place strawberries and sugar into a small saucepan and and bring to a boil while stirring constantly. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until thickens and remove from heat. Sieve to remove the seeds. Set aside to cool.
Prepare the white chocolate strawberry frosting.
- Place white chocolate and ¼ cup (60g) cream into a heatproof bowl and place over a pan with simmering water. Melt over low heat. Let it cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl mix cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar and melted chocolate and mix to combine. Mix in strawberry jam and red food coloring. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the white chocolate and cream cheese mixture.
Assemble the cake
- Cut the tops of the cakes to create flat surfaces. Place one cake layer on your serving plate. Spread evenly with about a third of the frosting. Top with fresh strawberry slices. Add the second layer of cake. Spread evenly with another third of the frosting. Top with strawberry slices. Add the last layer of cake.
- Gradually spread the remaining frosting on top and sides of the cake.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. The cake needs to be chilled before adding the chocolate ganache drippings.
Prepare the chocolate ganache.
- Place chocolate and cream in heatproof bowl and place over a pan with simmering water. Melt over low heat.
- Use a spoon and start making drips around the edges. If the ganache hardened too much heat it a bit over bain-marie to get to a pouring consistency. When you finish all the drips on the edges fill the top with ganache and spread it evenly using the offset spatula. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before decorating.
Meanwhile, prepare the chocolate nest
- Melt chocolate over bain-marie. Add vermicelli noodles and coat them with chocolate.
- Arrange the coated vermicelli into a small bowl lined with plastic wrap. Add a smaller bowl wrapped in plastic wrap on top. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to set.
- Place the chocolate nest on top of the cake, fill with mini eggs and decorate the bottom of the cake with mini eggs if desired.