This Strawberry Lemon Bundt Cake is a moist, sweet, and tangy dessert that is perfect for celebrating spring and summer days. This delightful cake is made with fresh strawberries and lemon zest, giving it a refreshing flavor that is sure to please. The cake is baked in a classic bundt pan, which creates a beautiful, decorative shape that makes it perfect for serving on various occasions.
How to make strawberry lemon bundt cake
The recipe for this bundt cake is easy and quick to prepare. With just a few simple ingredients and some basic baking techniques you can prepare a beautiful cake that is sure to delight.
First, make sure to grease well your bundt cake pan and dust it with flour, to make sure it comes out easily after baking.
Prepare the strawberry cake batter
Begin by whisking together the dry ingredients and use a blender to puree the fresh strawberries and set aside.
Continue by mixing the butter with sugar, oil lemon zest, and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time and mix until well incorporated. Gradually add the flour mixture alternating with the buttermilk and strawberry puree. At this point, you can add the red coloring if you want your cake to have a stronger pink color. That is optional.
In the end, toss the chopped strawberries with some flour and gently incorporate them into the strawberry batter. You can also choose to leave them out but I love how they add a fruity flavor and texture to every bite.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. It may take about 60-70 minutes.
Once the cake is baked to perfection, invert and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
Prepare the white chocolate and lemon ganache
Melt the white chocolate and cream over a bain-marie over low heat. It is essential to let it cool until thickens slightly. If you will try to glaze the cake immediately it will pour off the cake. Glaze the bundt cake and decorate with fresh strawberry halves.
You can also consider using other glazes or leaving the glaze out and simply dust the cake with powdered sugar.
Whether you’re serving this Strawberry Lemon Bundt Cake for dessert or enjoying a slice with a cup of tea in the afternoon, it is sure to delight your taste buds. With its fresh, fruity flavors and beautiful presentation, this cake is a wonderful addition to any spring or summer menu.
Hope you will try this refreshing Strawberry Lemon Bundt Cake. Make sure to tag me on Instagram when you give it a try since I enjoy seeing how it turns out for you. Enjoy!
Other Easy Strawberry Desserts
If you are in search of easy strawberry desserts you may also like to try this Easy Strawberry Cake. It id a moist and flavorful cake bursting with summer flavor. This Strawberry Streusel Cake is another moist buttery cake filled with a generous amount of strawberries and topped with a crispy streusel. I also highly recommend making these easy Strawberry Oat Crumble Bars. These bars have a perfect blend of fresh strawberries and crunchy oat crumble, sure to satisfy your sweet cravings. For more strawberry recipes check our collection of Strawberry Recipes.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Strawberry Lemon Layer Cake
No Yeast Eggless Strawberry Rolls with Cream Cheese Lemon Icing
Strawberry Lemon Thumbprint Cookies
Strawberry Lemon Cupcakes
Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake
Marble Bundt Cake
Strawberry Lemon Bundt Cake
- 9 oz (250g) fresh strawberries , puree
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (110g) vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cup (300g) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon zest , zest of a lemon
- 3 cups (375g) all-purpose flour
- 2½ tsp (10g) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- 1 cup (240g) buttermilk
- red food coloring , optional
- 7 oz (200g) fresh strawberries , cut into smaller pieces
- 1 tbsp (10g) flour to toss with the strawberries
White Chocolate Lemon Ganache
- 5.5 oz (160g) white chocolate
- 1/3 cup (80g) whipping cream
- lemon zest of a lemon
- fresh strawberry halves
Prepare the strawberry cake batter.
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Butter and dust with flour a 10-inch (25cm) bundt pan.
- In a large bowl whisk flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- Use a blender to puree the 9 oz (250g) fresh strawberries.
- In another bowl mix butter with sugar and vegetable oil until creamy. Add vanilla extract and lemon zest and mix to combine.
- Incorporate eggs one at a time. With the mixer on low, alternate adding gradually buttermilk, strawberry puree, and flour mixture until all is well incorporated. At this point add the red food coloring if used. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add the 7 oz (200g) chopped strawberries and add one tablespoon of flour. Toss to coat. Gently incorporate the strawberries into the strawberry batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for about 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow cooling slightly into the pan onto a rack for about 10-15 minutes. Invert and cool completely.
Prepare the white chocolate lemon ganache.
- Place chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan with simmering water. Melt over low heat.
- Add lemon zest and mix to combine.
- Let the ganache cool, to thicken slightly before glazing the cake.
- Pour ganache over the strawberry bundt cake. Refrigerate to let it set slightly before serving.
- Decorate with fresh strawberry halves. Enjoy!