I have been craving chocolate desserts lately, so, sooner or later, I had to make one no matter what. I finally had the chance to satisfy my craving, and I am glad to share the recipe with you. This amazing Chocolate Cream Cheese Bundt Cake is a true delight for all chocolate lovers out there. It consists of a moist chocolatey cake, a creamy cream cheese filling and topped with chocolate ganache. So decadent, so tempting and so satisfying.
The recipe for this Chocolate Bundt Cake is really easy. You simply need to follow the steps and it will work out nicely. First things first, it is essential to grease your bundt pan and dust with flour, in order to avoid any sticking. Even if your pan has a non-stick coating I still recommend greasing and dusting it with flour, just to be sure. You don’t want any surprises, do you?
After preparing the bundt pan, you can prepare the chocolate batter. For this chocolate cake it is essential to use a good quality cocoa powder. I always like to use the Dutch processed type of cocoa powder. For this cake I have also used both butter and oil, to ensure a moist cake but making sure it has a great butter flavor as well. Buttermilk also brings moisture and a great flavor. I simply love this chocolate batter, it is so easy to prepare and it never ceases to impress me.
To make this chocolate cake even more irresistible I went further and prepared a cream cheese filling that not only looks wonderful but also makes such a good pair with the chocolate cake. You can always choose to make this bundt cake simple, as is, without the filling, if adding the cream cheese seems too complicated for you though.
After everything is prepared, you can start to assemble everything into the pan. First pour about one third of the chocolate batter, then create a ditch with the back of the spoon, add the cream cheese filling and gently top with the remaining chocolate batter.
Bake the bundt cake, making the toothpick test after the first 50-55 minutes. When baked, remove from the oven and let cool slightly before topping it with chocolate ganache. I really hope you will try this amazing Chocolate Cream Cheese Bundt Cake as everybody will love it. Enjoy!
Blueberry Lemon Bundt Cake
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake
Cream Cheese Marbled Brownies
Chocolate Cream Cheese Bundt Cake
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup (110g) vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cup (300g) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (240g) buttermilk
- 2 ¼ cups (280g) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (90g) cocoa powder
- 3 tsp (12g) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
Cream Cheese Filling
- 12 oz (350g) cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 4 oz (120g) semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup (120g) whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Butter and dust with flour a 9 or 10 inch (23-25cm) bundt pan.
Prepare the chocolate cake batter.
- In a large bowl whisk flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix butter with sugar and vegetable oil until creamy. Incorporate eggs one at a time. Add vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- With the mixer on low, alternate adding gradually buttermilk and flour mixture until all is well incorporated. Set aside.
Make the cream cheese filling.
- In a large bowl mix cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar, egg and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Pour about one third up to half of the chocolate batter into the prepared pan. Use the back of a spoon to create a ditch. Carefully place the cream cheese filling into the center. Gently place the rest of the chocolate batter over the cream cheese filling and on the edges.
- Bake for about 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly into the pan onto a rack for about 10-15 minutes. Invert and cool completely.
Prepare the chocolate ganache.
- Place chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan with simmering water. Melt over low heat.
- Pour ganache over the chocolate bundt cake. Let it set slightly before serving.
- Keep the leftovers refrigerated.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
I mad this and turned out dry at 60 minutes. I would bake for 45 next time.
Yes… every oven is different.. make the toothpick test after the first 40-45 minutes.