Chocolate Strawberry Cream Cheese Mousse Cake
If you love chocolate and strawberry combination you should definitely try this easy recipe for Chocolate Strawberry Cream Cheese Mousse Cake. The cake consists in a rich, dense and decadent fudgy chocolate cake at the bottom topped with strawberries and baked together, all covered in strawberry cream cheese mousse.
- 1/2 cup (110g) butter
- 5 oz (150g) semisweet chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 1/3 cup (40g) flour
- 4 oz (120g) fresh strawberry quarters
- 9 oz (250g) fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp (5g) gelatin powder
- 2 tbsp (30ml) water
- 9 oz (250g) cream cheese
- 1/4 cup (30g) powdered sugar
- 1 cup (240ml) whipping cream
- fresh strawberry halves
- chocolate swirls
- First prepare the chocolate strawberry cake. Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Grease with butter a 8 inch (20cm) pan and line with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate and butter over bain-marie until smooth. Let cool slightly to room temperature.
- Meanwhile beat the eggs with sugar and vanilla extract using a whisk or mixer until thick and light yellow colored.
- Add melted chocolate and mix until well combined.
- Using a spatula fold in sifted flour and salt. Pour mixture into the prepared pan.
- Arrange fresh strawberry quarters over the top of the cake.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until set. Run a sharp knife completely around the inside edge of the pan and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile prepare the strawberry sauce. Place strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a small saucepan and place over medium heat, bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes until thickens. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Dissolve gelatin in cold water and let it swell for about 5 to 10 minutes. Dissolve over low heat and pour over strawberry sauce. Mix to combine.
- Prepare the strawberry cream cheese mousse. In a large bowl mix cream cheese with powdered sugar. Add strawberry mixture and mix to combine.
- In another bowl whip the chilled whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold into cream cheese and strawberry mixture.
- Line an acetate sheet around the cake and pour the mousse over the cake. Smooth the top.
- Refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Remove the cake from the pan and place on a serving platter. Decorate the cake with fresh strawberry halves and chocolate swirls. Enjoy!
Serving: 1gSugar: 28.2gCholesterol: 127mgCalories: 426kcalSaturated Fat: 18.9gFat: 31.1gProtein: 5.9gCarbohydrates: 34.9g
Nutrition facts 1 Serving out of 10 Calories: 426, Fat: 31.1g, Saturated fat: 18.9g, Unsaturated fat: , Carbohydrates: 34.9g, Sugar: 28.2g, Fiber: 1.8g, Protein: 5.9g, Cholesterol: 127mg, Sodium 206mg 9%, Vitamin D 11mcg 54%, Calcium 58mg 4%, Iron 1mg 8%, Potassium 192mg 4%, daily percentage values are based on a 2000 calorie diet,