If you’re a fan of the classic chocolate and strawberry combination, then you will love this easy and delicious recipe for Chocolate Strawberry Cream Cheese Mousse Cake. This delightful dessert is the perfect balance of rich and decadent chocolate paired with the sweet and tangy taste of strawberries, all topped off with a velvety smooth layer of strawberry cream cheese mousse.
The cake at the bottom consists of a heavenly blend of dense and fudgy chocolate cake, topped with fresh strawberries and baked together, creating a delightful texture and a burst of fruity flavor in every bite. The combination of the strawberries and the chocolate is a classic flavor pairing that is sure to impress your taste buds and leave you craving more.
But what really sets this cake apart is the creamy and light strawberry cream cheese mousse, which takes the flavors and textures to the next level. It perfectly complements the dense chocolate cake, giving the cake a refreshing and summery twist that is sure to impress your guests.
Despite its impressive appearance and delicious taste, this cake is actually quite quick and easy to prepare, making it the perfect dessert for any occasion. With just a little bit of effort, you can have a show-stopping cake that will be the talk of the party.
How to make chocolate strawberry cream cheese mousse cake
First, prepare the chocolate strawberry cake by melting chocolate and butter. Meanwhile beat the eggs with sugar and vanilla extract until thick and light yellow colored. Add the melted chocolate and fold in the dry ingredients. Top with fresh strawberry quarters and bake for 25 minutes at 350F (180C). Let cool completely.
Meanwhile, prepare the strawberry sauce by cooking strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice until thickened. Add dissolved gelatin into the strawberry sauce and set aside until you prepare the cream cheese mixture.
Prepare the strawberry cream cheese mousse by mixing cream cheese with powdered sugar and strawberry sauce. Incorporate the whipped cream. Pour the mousse over the cake, and refrigerate for 4-6 hours or overnight.
Decorate the cake with fresh strawberries and chocolate swirls before serving.
So if you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that is sure to impress, look no further than this Chocolate Strawberry Cream Cheese Mousse Cake. Give it a try and indulge in its sweet and fruity flavors – you won’t be disappointed! If you do, make sure to share the photos with me on Instagram. I love seeing how it turns out for you.
Other chocolate strawberry recipes you may like to try
This indulgent Chocolate Strawberry Coffee Layer Cake combines the flavors of rich chocolate, sweet strawberries, and bold coffee to create a dessert that is sure to impress. This delicious Chocolate Strawberry Swiss Roll combines two classic flavors – chocolate and strawberries – to create a dessert that is both beautiful and delicious. This decadent Brownie Strawberry Chocolate Cheesecake is a true chocolate lover’s dream. Rich and fudgy brownies form the base of this cheesecake, which is then topped with a layer of creamy chocolate cheesecake and fresh strawberries. It’s the perfect dessert for anyone who loves the combination of chocolate and strawberries. This sophisticated Almond Strawberry Chocolate Mousse Cake is sure to impress any dinner party guest.
Chocolate Strawberry Cream Cheese Mousse Cake
- 1/2 cup (110g) butter
- 5 oz (150g) semisweet chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 1/3 cup (40g) flour
- 4 oz (120g) fresh strawberry quarters
- 9 oz (250g) fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp (5g) gelatin powder
- 2 tbsp (30ml) water
- 9 oz (250g) cream cheese
- 1/4 cup (30g) powdered sugar
- 1 cup (240ml) whipping cream
- fresh strawberry halves
- chocolate swirls
- First prepare the chocolate strawberry cake. Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Grease with butter a 8 inch (20cm) pan and line with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate and butter over bain-marie until smooth. Let cool slightly to room temperature.
- Meanwhile beat the eggs with sugar and vanilla extract using a whisk or mixer until thick and light yellow colored.
- Add melted chocolate and mix until well combined.
- Using a spatula fold in sifted flour and salt. Pour mixture into the prepared pan.
- Arrange fresh strawberry quarters over the top of the cake.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until set. Run a sharp knife completely around the inside edge of the pan and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile prepare the strawberry sauce. Place strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a small saucepan and place over medium heat, bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes until thickens. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Dissolve gelatin in cold water and let it swell for about 5 to 10 minutes. Dissolve over low heat and pour over strawberry sauce. Mix to combine.
- Prepare the strawberry cream cheese mousse. In a large bowl mix cream cheese with powdered sugar. Add strawberry mixture and mix to combine.
- In another bowl whip the chilled whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold into cream cheese and strawberry mixture.
- Line an acetate sheet around the cake and pour the mousse over the cake. Smooth the top.
- Refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Remove the cake from the pan and place on a serving platter. Decorate the cake with fresh strawberry halves and chocolate swirls. Enjoy!