This Easy Strawberry Cake is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that can satisfy your sweet tooth without spending too much time in the kitchen. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a moist and flavorful cake that is bursting with the taste of fresh strawberries. This cake is perfect for strawberry season when the fruit is at its peak of freshness and flavor.
Not only is this cake easy to make, but it also has a soft and tender crumb that is sure to please even the most discerning dessert lovers. Unlike other fruit cakes that can be dry and overly cakey, this strawberry cake is moist and soft. The combination of strawberries and lemon adds a tangy and refreshing note that perfectly complements the sweetness of the fruit.
One of the best things about this recipe is that it is incredibly versatile. You can easily swap out the strawberries for other seasonal fruits, such as cherries, apricots, peaches, or plums, to create a cake that is perfectly suited to your tastes.
How to make this easy strawberry cake
To begin, preheat the oven to 350F (180C) and prepare an 8-inch (20cm) pan by greasing and lining it with parchment paper. Next, quarter 13 oz (370g) of fresh strawberries and set them aside. In a separate bowl, mix sugar and lemon zest to release oil. Then add butter and mix until creamy. Incorporate eggs one at a time and set aside. In another bowl, whisk together flour, ground almonds, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add this mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with sour cream. Gently incorporate the strawberry quarters. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Arrange fresh strawberry halves on top of the cake and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Once done, allow the cake to cool completely before serving with whipped cream or ice cream.
Whether you are in the mood for something fruity and refreshing or rich and indulgent, this Easy Strawberry Cake is sure to hit the spot. So why not try this recipe today and enjoy the delicious taste of fresh strawberries in every bite? If you do, don’t forget to share the photos with me on Instagram, would love to see how it turns out for you.
Other similar recipes you may like to try
This Strawberry Streusel Cake is a moist buttery cake filled with a generous amount of strawberries and topped with an amazing crispy streusel. It is by far one of the best coffee cakes you can ever prepare. This recipe for Strawberry Scones is very easy, takes only 10 to 15 minutes to prepare and you end up having a memorable breakfast. These Strawberry Oat Crumble Bars are the perfect treat for spring and summer, with a buttery crust, soft strawberry filling inside and a crunchy crumble on top. These bars are a great way to make a quick and easy strawberry dessert that everybody will enjoy. Another recipe we highly recommend is this Strawberry Lemon Bundt Cake, a moist, sweet, and tangy dessert that is perfect for celebrating spring and summer days.
Easy Strawberry Cake
- 1/2 cup (110g) butter , room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (125g) flour
- 1/2 cup (50g) ground almonds
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp (45g) sour cream
- Grated zest from 1 lemon
- 2 tsp (8g) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 13 oz (370g) fresh strawberries , cut in quarters
- 4 oz (120g) fresh strawberries , cut in halves
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Grease and line with parchment paper a 8 inch (20cm) pan.
- Cut the 13 oz (370g) fresh strawberries into quarters and set aside.
- In a bowl add sugar and lemon zest and mix for a few minutes to release oil. Add the butter and start mixing until creamy.
- Incorporate eggs one at a time and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour with ground almonds, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually incorporate the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternating with the sour cream.
- Gently incorporate strawberry quarters.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Arrange the 4 oz (120g) fresh strawberry halves on top of the cake and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely and serve with whipped cream or even ice cream. Enjoy!