These Chocolate Stuffed Snowball Cookies are an amazing choice for your holiday table. These rich buttery cookies with crunchy nuts inside and chocolate filling are simply irresistible. The cookies have a powdered sugar coating, to create the snow effect. The sweetness of the powdered sugar balances well with the semisweet chocolate inside. These cookies are a must try and they also look nicely packed as holiday gifts.
Filling the cookies with chocolate is optional. You can leave them simple or you can use other fillings like Nutella, caramel or peanut butter.
The recipe is really easy and quick, with no fancy ingredients and you got some amazing treats in no minute. Hope you’ll try these Chocolate Stuffed Snowball Cookies, tag me on Instagram if you do, and enjoy!
Here are more Christmas cookie recipes you may also like. These Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies are rich, chocolatey and soft with a smooth and silky chocolate ganache filling. These Easy Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are easy and very quick to prepare which makes them a great choice for winter holidays. If you like chocolate cookies these Candy Cane Double Chocolate Cookies look very festive and have an amazing flavor.
Chocolate Caramel Truffles
White Chocolate and Dried Fruit Truffles
White Chocolate and Coconut Truffles
Chocolate Stuffed Snowball Cookies
Makes about 30 cookies
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter , room temperature
- 2 tbsp (30 g) sugar
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (100g) finely chopped pecans/walnuts
- 4 oz (120g) semisweet chocolate , small pieces
- 1 cup (120g) powdered sugar , for dusting cookies twice
- In a large bowl mix butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add salt and vanilla extract and continue mixing until combined.
- Gradually incorporate flour and add chopped nuts. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC) and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Take about a spoon of dough, flatten, add a piece of chocolate in the center, wrap the dough around it and roll into a ball.
- Place dough balls into the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for about 12-13 minutes, until slightly browned. Make sure you do not overbake otherwise the cookies could crack.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 5-10 minutes.
- Place 1/2 cup powdered sugar into a bowl. While still a bit warm roll the balls in powdered sugar.
- Let them cool completely and roll in powdered sugar again if necessary.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
Hi, today I made snowball cookies, for giving for us friends and relatives has it’s Christmas. We all loved it. It’s soft and yum.