This Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake is a delectable and indulgent dessert that combines the timeless flavors of rich chocolate and sweet vanilla. This classic cake is a perfect treat for any occasion, whether it’s a birthday celebration, a family gathering, or simply a delightful dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth.
The Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake features a moist and tender crumb that melts in your mouth with every bite. The vanilla cake batter is made with both butter and oil to ensure rich flavor and moisture. The addition of buttermilk enhances the cake’s taste and makes it extra tender.
To further enhance the taste and texture of the cake, pure vanilla extract is added to the batter. This delicate vanilla flavor balances the richness of the chocolate, creating a harmonious blend of flavors that is truly irresistible.
Lastly, the chocolate chips sprinkled throughout the cake add bursts of delicious chocolate goodness.
One of the defining characteristics of the Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake is its distinct shape. The cake is baked in a Bundt pan, which gives it a beautiful, fluted design that is both eye-catching and elegant. This shape not only enhances the cake’s appearance but also allows for even baking and easy slicing.
The Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake can be enjoyed on its own or dressed up with various accompaniments. A dusting of powdered sugar adds a touch of elegance, while a drizzle of chocolate ganache or a dollop of whipped cream takes it to a whole new level of indulgence.
The cake is also versatile enough to be served with a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream or paired with a cup of hot coffee or tea.
How to make Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
The recipe for this Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake is very easy and quick to prepare.
Begin by preheating the oven to 350F (180C). Prepare a bundt pan by buttering and dusting it with flour.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder. In another bowl, mix butter, sugar, and vegetable oil until creamy. Add eggs one at a time and mix in vanilla extract. Gradually incorporate the flour mixture and buttermilk into the batter. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes.
If it browns too fast, cover with aluminum foil and continue baking. Let the cake cool slightly in the pan before inverting it onto a rack.
Prepare the chocolate ganache by melting chocolate and cream together. Pour the ganache over the cooled bundt cake and let it set before serving.
Whether you’re a chocolate lover or simply appreciate a delightful dessert, the Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake is sure to satisfy your cravings. Its moist texture, rich chocolate flavor, and beautiful presentation make it a crowd-pleaser that will leave everyone wanting more. So, why resist the temptation? Treat yourself and your loved ones to a slice of this heavenly cake and let it transport you to a world of pure chocolate bliss. If you do, make sure to share the photos with me on Instagram. Would love to see how it turns out for you.
Other bundt cakes you may like to try
Indulge in the heavenly delight of a Chocolate Cream Cheese Bundt Cake. This exquisite dessert combines the rich, moist chocolate cake with a luscious cream cheese filling, creating a harmonious blend of flavors.
This Marble Bundt Cake is a classic dessert that captivates with its stunning swirls of chocolate and vanilla, creating an eye-catching and delicious treat. The delicate balance between the rich chocolate and the delicate vanilla creates a harmonious marriage of flavors, while the tender crumb of the cake provides a delightful texture.
This Blueberry Lemon Bundt Cake combines the refreshing zest of lemon with the sweet and tangy goodness of blueberries. Whether enjoyed as a summertime dessert or a cheerful treat throughout the year, the Blueberry Lemon Bundt Cake is a tantalizing combination of fruity sweetness and citrus freshness that will leave you craving for more.
Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
For the batter
- 3 cups (375g) cake flour
- 2 ½ tsp (10g) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter , room temperature
- 1/2 cup (110g) vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cup (300g) sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 tsp (10g) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (240g) buttermilk
- 1 cup (180g) chocolate chips
- 4 oz (120g) semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup (120g) whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Butter and dust with flour a 9 or 10 inch (23-25cm) bundt pan.
Prepare the batter.
- In a medium bowl whisk flour with salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix butter with sugar and vegetable oil until creamy. Incorporate eggs one at a time. Add vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- With the mixer on low, gradually incorporate flour mixture alternating with the buttermilk, until all is well incorporated.
- Gently fold the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If browns too fast, you can cover it with aluminum foil and continue baking.
- Allow to cool slightly into the pan onto a rack for about 10-15 minutes. Invert and cool completely.
Prepare the chocolate ganache.
- Place chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan with simmering water. Melt over low heat.
- Pour ganache over the chocolate bundt cake. Let it set slightly before serving.