These delicious Coconut White Chocolate Crinkle Cookies, with their white sugar coating, look very wintery, like they were out in the snow. With a soft and chewy interior and melted white chocolate, and their snowy look, they are one of the best cookies to prepare for winter holidays.
The recipe is really easy, comes together in a matter of minutes, is the kind of recipe you can make with kids around. These Coconut White Chocolate Crinkle Cookies can be made in advance as well as other cookies, they can freeze well until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Coconut White Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (30g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 ½ tsp (6g) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter , softened
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
- 3.5 oz (100g) white chocolate , chips/chunks
- 1/2 cup (60g) powdered sugar
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, shredded coconut, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix butter with sugar until light, creamy and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Gradually incorporate flour coconut mixture. Fold in white chocolate chips/chunks. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes if possible.
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Place powdered sugar into a bowl.
- Using your ice cream scoop take equal portions of dough, about 1 inch (3 cm) balls, and roll into the powdered sugar, coating thickly. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, keeping 2 inches (5cm) space between cookies.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are cracked. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Remove to the cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!