These Double Chocolate Brownie Muffins are by far THE BEST chocolate muffins you can ever make. They are moist, and fudgy, with an intense chocolate flavor that all chocolate lovers will adore.
The recipe for these muffins is really easy and takes only a few minutes to prepare. I have used my recipe for Double Chocolate Brownies and adapted it to create the most decadent chocolate muffins.
How to make double chocolate brownie muffins.
First you need to melt the butter with some chocolate. Let it cool slightly before going further.
In a large bowl mix eggs with sugar, vanilla extract, salt and instant coffee powder if used. Mix until creamy, thick and fluffy, for about 4-5 minutes. The coffee powder is used to intensify the chocolate flavor. If you don’t want to use it, simply leave it out.
Now you can incorporate the melted chocolate and butter. Sift the flour and cocoa powder and gently fold them in with a spatula. Make sure you don’t overmix the batter. Now you can add the remaining chocolate chips into the batter.
Divide the batter evenly into the 12 muffin paper cups. Bake for about 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. Don’t overbake as the muffins will continue to set after taking them out of the oven.
While baking, the brownie muffins will rise and crack and create that crispy top that everybody loves. While still warm, add more chocolate chips on top if desired. Let them cool slightly before serving.
I am telling you, these muffins are a must try recipe. They are simply divine and so easy to put together.
If you like brownies you should definitely consider making these Chocolate Coconut Brownies or Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies. If you like brownies and chocolate chip cookies you may like this Brookie Pie which is simply out of this world. This Skillet Brownie is also very easy to prepare and goes perfectly with a good scoop of ice cream.
I really hope you will try these amazing Double Chocolate Brownie Muffins and enjoy them as much as we did!
Double Chocolate Brownie Muffins
- 3 oz (90g) semisweet chocolate chips (55% cocoa) , for melting
- 3/4 cup (170g) butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp (1g) instant espresso powder
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 2 oz (60g) semisweet chocolate chips (55% cocoa)
- 1/2 cup (60g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (40g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 12 cavity muffin pan with paper liners.
- Melt the 3 oz (90g) semisweet chocolate and butter over a bain-marie until smooth. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile mix the eggs with sugar, salt, vanilla extract and instant coffee using a whisk or mixer until thick and light yellow, for about 5 minutes.
- Add melted chocolate and mix until well combined.
- Using a spatula fold in the sifted flour and cocoa powder. Fold in the remaining 2 oz (60g) chocolate chips. Divide the batter equally into muffin cups.
- Bake for about 17-20 minutes until puffed and cracked or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few crumbs attached.
- While still warm, add more chocolate chips on top of the muffins, if desired.
- Let cool and enjoy!