This Flourless Chocolate Decadence Cake is a rich and moist chocolatey cake, a chocolate heaven for all chocolate lovers out there. The cake consists of a mousse-like texture chocolate cake that simply melts in your mouth. It has a beautiful decoration in a flower pattern using a silky chocolate ganache.
The recipe for the flourless chocolate cake is very easy and quick to prepare. First you simply melt chocolate with butter and let it cool slightly. Meanwhile you mix the eggs with sugar until light in color and fluffy. Here you can choose your favorite extracts to add to your cake. I like rum, pistachio or almond extract but feel free to bring your own touch here. Then you incorporate the melted chocolate mixture and cocoa powder and this is it.
Besides chocolate, the cake is enriched with cocoa powder. It is essential to use good quality chocolate and cocoa powder to enjoy this cake at its best. This cake is baked in a water bath which ensures a smooth silky texture and an even baking. If it is possible, try using a basic pan for this, that doesn’t have a removable base as it makes everything much easier. Otherwise you have to wrap the pan in aluminum foil or heat resistant plastic bags to make sure no water gets inside of the pan.
You can definitely serve the cake by itself as it is rich and chocolatey enough to satisfy all chocolate lovers. But if you want to make this cake even more decadent, top the cake with a layer of chocolate ganache for a truly amazing experience for your taste buds. Even though ou can choose to simply spread the ganache on top of the cake but you can also pipe it in this beautiful flower pattern that makes it look so elegant and impressive. Add your favorite sprinkles over the top and here it is, a perfect cake for any occasion.
Life is about indulgence, but you shouldn’t be too indulgent with this cake though. It is so rich, and consistent that I highly recommend serving it in thin slices. If you like chocolate you should definitely give this Flourless Chocolate Decadence Cake a try, it is a show-stopper. Enjoy!
Flourless Chocolate Decadence Cake
- 7 oz (200g) semisweet chocolate
- 2/3 cup (150g) unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup (135g) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2g) salt
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract rum extract
- 1/4 cup (30g) cocoa powder
- 5.5 oz (150g) semisweet chocolate
- 5.5 oz (150g) whipping cream
Prepare the chocolate cake.
- Preheat the oven to 325F (160C). Grease with butter a 8 inch (20cm) pan and line with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate and butter over a bain-marie until smooth. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile mix the eggs with sugar and salt using a whisk or mixer until thick and light yellow, for about 5 minutes. Mix in vanilla extract or your favorite extract (mint, rum, almond, pistachio etc).
- Add melted chocolate and mix until well combined.
- Using a spatula fold in the cocoa powder. Pour mixture into the prepared pan.
- Place the pan into a larger baking tray and add hot water, up to halfway of the pan.
- Place into the oven and bake for 25 minutes and remove the pan from the baking tray.
- Let cool completely in the pan and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
Prepare the Chocolate Ganache for Decoration.
- Place chocolate and whipping cream in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan with simmering water. Melt over low heat.
- Let cool at room temperature until thickens to a piping consistency.
- Transfer the chocolate ganache to a piping bag fitted with 1M tip.
- Decorate the cake and sprinkle some crushed freeze-dried raspberries.
- Cut with a hot knife, cleaning the knife after each cut. Enjoy!