A nut lover should definitely try this Hazelnut and Walnut Cake recipe. The cake is very chocolatey as it has a lot of chocolate and a lot more of walnuts and hazelnuts. The cake is simply delicious and bursting with flavor.
Hazelnut and Walnut Cake
- 7 oz (200g ) butter
- 3/4 cup 150g sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup (190g) flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 7 oz (200g ) chocolate chips
- 5.5 oz (150g) walnuts, chopped
- 5.5 oz (150g) hazelnuts,
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix the butter with sugar and egg yolks until well blended. Add half of the walnuts and hazelnuts, baking powder, flour and chocolate chips.
- Whip egg whites until foamy with a mixer, and gently add them to the walnut and hazelnut mixture.
- Pour all the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, and sprinkle the other half of walnuts and hazelnuts all over the cake.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Cut in small squares and serve.