Get ready to dive into a world of flavor with our delightful Coffee Walnut Mousse Cake. Picture a sublime blend of rich coffee-infused walnut sponge, a rich walnut caramel filling that adds a satisfying contrast, topped with the coffee cream cheese mousse that is bringing a perfect balance of sweetness and richness to the cake.
But that’s not all, a decadent chocolate ganache sits on top of the entire creation, creating a luxurious finish that will leave you craving more.
The cake is decorated with coffee-infused whipped cream, chocolate shards, and chopped walnuts, creating a visual masterpiece that mirrors the delightful medley of flavors within.
This Coffee Walnut Mousse Cake is simply irresistible, a perfect blend of coffee and walnut magic.
How to prepare the coffee walnut mousse cake
The recipe for this mousse cake is not complicated at all, each step of the recipe is easy and quick to prepare. Start with the coffee walnut sponge cake, continue with the walnut caramel filling and the coffee mousse and in the end prepare the chocolate ganache.
How to prepare the coffee walnut sponge cake
Start by preheating the oven to 320F (160C) and greasing an 8-inch (20cm) springform pan with parchment paper. In a big bowl, mix eggs, sugar, salt, instant coffee, and vanilla extract until the mixture becomes thick, foamy, and light in color, usually for about 5 minutes.
Gently fold in flour and ground toasted walnuts, then bake for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean from the center. Let it cool completely.
How to prepare the walnut caramel layer
For the walnut caramel layer, heat sugar and water in a saucepan until it becomes a light caramel color. Add cream (it might bubble a bit), butter, walnuts, and salt. Stir constantly for about 1 minute. Spread this walnut caramel filling over the walnut sponge cake, leaving a ½ inch (1cm) border, and refrigerate while you make the coffee mousse.
How to prepare the coffee cream cheese mousse
Start by dissolving gelatin in cold water and let it swell for 5-10 minutes. Meanwhile, mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and instant coffee until smooth. Dissolve the swollen gelatin over low heat and pour it into the cream cheese mixture. Add chilled cream and whip until soft peaks form. Pour the coffee mousse over the cake, smooth the top, cover, and refrigerate for 4-6 hours or overnight.
How to prepare the chocolate ganache topping
Make the chocolate ganache by melting chocolate and cream over low heat. Spread it evenly over the cake, then refrigerate for another 30 minutes.
Decorate with coffee whipped cream, chocolate shards, chopped walnuts, and a dusting of instant coffee.
Hope you will give this amazing Coffee Walnut Mousse Cake a try and enjoy it as much as we did. If you do, make sure to share the photos with me on Instagram.
Other coffee desserts you may like to try
This Opera Cake, an amazing French dessert features layers of almond sponge cake, coffee buttercream, and chocolate ganache, creating a perfect balance of flavors and textures.
This Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake consists of three layers or moist chocolate cake with cream cheese mocha filling and a bit of crunch from the crushed coffee beans and chocolate, coated in a delicious sweetened condensed milk buttercream.
Our Flourless Chocolate Cake with Coffee Mousse is a heavenly dessert, with a rich, dense, fudgy flourless chocolate cake at the base with a soft and airy coffee mousse on top.
This Classic Tiramisu is easy to make and consists of layers of ladyfingers soaked in coffee filled with a creamy mixture of mascarpone cheese, eggs, sugar, and liqueur.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Tiramisu Layer Cake
Chocolate Vertical Layer Cake
Chocolate Strawberry Coffee Layer Cake
No-Bake White Chocolate Tiramisu Cheesecake
Chocolate Mocha Hurricane Swiss Roll
German Mocha Mole Cake – Maulwurfkuchen
Pumpkin Mocha Cupcakes with Toasted Meringue
Chocolate Mocha Crepe Cake
No-Bake Chocolate Biscuit Mocha Mousse Cake
Walnut Caramel Mirror Cake
Coffee Cake with Meringue Topping
Chocolate Pots de Crème
Tiramisu Cake Roll
Chocolate Caramel Mousse Cake
Double Chocolate Brownie Muffins
1 Minute – Tiramisu Mug Cake
Coffee Walnut Mousse Cake
Coffee Walnut Sponge Cake
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 1 tsp (2g) instant coffee
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (70g) roasted walnuts , ground
- 1/4 cup (30g) all-purpose flour
Walnut Caramel Filling
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15ml) water
- 3 tbsp (45g) whipping cream
- 2/3 cup (70g) walnuts , toasted, cut into smaller pieces
- 1 tbsp 15g) butter
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
Coffee Cream Cheese Mousse
- 9 oz (250g) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (60g) powdered sugar
- 2 tsp (4g) instant coffee
- 1/2 tsp (3g) vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup (300ml) whipping cream
- 1/2 tbsp (5g) gelatin powder
- 2 tbsp (30ml) water
- 3.5 oz (100g) semisweet chocolate
- 3.5 oz (100g) whipping cream
- coffee whipped cream
- chocolate shards
- toasted walnuts, chopped
- instant coffee for dusting
How to toast walnuts.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Place the walnuts into a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and let them toast for 15 minutes.
- When cool, ground or cut the walnuts into smaller pieces, as needed.
Prepare the walnut sponge cake.
- Preheat the oven to 320°F (160°C). Grease and line with parchment paper an 8-inch (20cm) springform pan.
- In a large bowl mix eggs with sugar, salt, instant coffee and vanilla extract until thick, foamy and light-colored, for about 5 minutes.
- Gently fold in the flour and ground toasted walnuts.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
Prepare the walnut caramel filling.
- Place the sugar and water in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat, and cook without stirring until the sugar dissolves and gets a dark caramel color.
- Add the cream. It will bubble a little bit.
- Add the butter, walnuts and salt and let cook for about 1 minute stirring constantly with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Spread the walnut caramel filling over the walnut sponge cake, leaving an ½ inch (1cm) border and refrigerate until you prepare the coffee mousse.
Prepare the coffee cream cheese mousse.
- Dissolve gelatin in cold water and let it swell for about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix cream cheese with powdered sugar, vanilla extract and instant coffee until smooth.
- Place the gelatin over low heat just until the gelatin dissolves and pour it over the cream cheese mixture and mix to combine.
- Add chilled cream and whip until soft peaks form.
- Pour the coffee mousse over the cake.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hours or overnight.
Prepare the chocolate ganache.
- Place chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan with simmering water. Melt over low heat.
- Spread it evenly over the cake.
- Refrigerate for another 30 minutes before serving.
- Decorate the cake with coffee whipped cream, chocolate shards, chopped walnuts and a dust of instant coffee. Enjoy!