What better way to impress your Valentine on Valentine’s Day than with a heart shaped chocolate pavlova drizzled with chocolate and topped with fluffy cream cheese and fresh berries?
The meringue base is rich in cocoa, which makes it deliciously fudgy and crisp. The chocolate ganache drizzle on top creates a perfect balance of sweetness and rich chocolate flavor. The vanilla cream cheese and fresh fruit topping add a touch of tartness and a pop of color. This heart shaped chocolate pavlova is a unique and wonderful gluten-free dessert perfect for the two of you on Valentine’s Day.
How to prepare a heart shaped chocolate pavlova.
This elegant dessert is easy to make, but it looks and tastes like it was made by a professional pastry chef.
For this recipe, you can make all three parts of the dessert, the meringue, the ganache, and the frosting, ahead of time.
For the cocoa meringue all you need is egg whites, powdered sugar, cocoa and a little bit of vinegar. You start by beating the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add little by little the powdered sugar, cocoa, and vinegar. After all the ingredients are incorporated, beat at high speed until stiff peaks form. The one special step with making pavlova is the baking time and temperature. It needs to bake slowly, at 210F (100C) with the ventilation on, for about 1-2 hours, here it depends on your oven.
For the chocolate ganache, heat the whipping cream and then pour it over the chocolate. Stir until it becomes shiny. It is best to use it while still warm as it hardens while it cools down. Drizzle the chocolate ganache all over the cooled pavlova.
The vanilla cream cheese is very light and fluffy. For this, you simply have to mix all the ingredients with a hand mixer.
The pavlova is very easy to assemble. You need to top all three parts of the dessert and then finish with fruits and grated chocolate.
This chocolate pavlova will hold up in the refrigerator with the cream and berries for several hours to a day. As the meringue absorbs the moisture from the cream and can get soggy, it is best to serve it right after adding the topping.
Hope you will try this amazing heart shaped chocolate pavlova and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you do.
Other Valentine’s Day Desserts you may like.
Desserts are a perfect way to finish a romantic dinner or simply to enjoy with your loved one after a long day. Here are some other of my favorite dessert recipes for Valentine’s Day. This Red Velvet Lava Cake is one of the best choices. It looks and tastes amazing and can be easily prepared in advance and baked only before serving. These Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies are very easy to prepare and very satisfying. You can never go wrong with brownies on special occasions. If you are in search of a no-bake dessert you may like to try this Chocolate Panna Cotta. It is creamy, smooth, and decadent, one of the best chocolate desserts ever. This giant Chocolate Raspberry Macaron Cake is another sophisticated dessert you may like to try for a special Valentine’s Day.
For more recipes for this special occasion check our Valentine’s Day recipe collection.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
No-Bake White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
Raspberry Chocolate Cups
Heart Shaped Chocolate Pavlova
- 2 egg whites
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup (120g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp (5ml) vinegar
- 1 tsp (5g) cocoa powder
- 2 oz (60g) semisweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup (60g) whipping cream
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 7 oz (200g) cream cheese
- 1/4 cup (30g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp (3g) vanilla extract
- fresh berries
- powdered sugar
Prepare the pavlova
- Preheat the oven to 210F (100C) with the ventilation on. Draw one large heart about 7 inches (18cm) in diameter on a sheet of parchment paper. Mind that it will spread as it bakes. Flip it over so the pencil is on the bottom and place it on a baking sheet.
- In a stand mixer, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until soft peaks form, which should take a few minutes.
- On medium speed, add in the powdered sugar, a tablespoon at a time, until all is incorporated. Beat the meringue at high speed until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the cocoa powder and mix until incorporated.
- At the end add in the vinegar and mix at high speed until very stiff peaks form.
- Dollop the meringue gently onto the prepared parchment, and using a spatula, fill in the shape of the heart.
- Put it in the oven for about 1 1/2 – 2 hours, it depends on the oven. When it's done it should lift off easily from the parchment paper. If it's sticky let it cook a bit longer. At the end of the baking time, turn off the oven and crack the oven door open a bit, and allow the meringue to sit inside the warm oven to slowly cool.
Prepare the vanilla cream cheese frosting.
- With a hand mixer, mix all the ingredients in a bowl until stiff peaks form.
Prepare the chocolate ganache.
- In a saucepan bring to a simmer the whipping cream.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and stir to combine. It should become shiny and smooth.
Assemble the chocolate pavlova.
- While the chocolate ganache is still warm, drizzle it all over the pavlova. Let it cool completely and harden.
- Using a spatula or a spoon put all the cream cheese frosting over the drizzled pavlova.
- For the garnish use fresh berries, grated chocolate, almond flakes and sprinkles. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.