This Homemade Granola is a delicious crunchy mixture perfect for a healthy breakfast or snack. It is an easy recipe that results into a yummy, sweet, nutty granola that is way better than what you can find in stores.
You can also adjust this recipe to suit your personal taste, you can use various fruits, nuts or seeds. One of the best things is that homemade granola has no preservatives, so I highly recommend trying this recipe at home for a healthier breakfast or snack idea. Bon appetite!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp oil or 5 tbsp butter
- dried fruits, like raisins, cranberries
- nuts and seeds , optional
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (160 C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl mix the rolled oats with nuts if used.
- In a small sauce pan add the butter or oil, honey, brown sugar and heat over medium heat just until melted. Add vanilla extract. Pour the mixture over the dry ingredients and stir together until well coated.
- Spread the mixture on the prepared baking sheet then bake for about 20-30 minutes stirring constantly. Add nuts, seeds and dried fruits after the first 15 minutes of baking.
- Let cool completely and keep in an airtight container. Serve with milk or yogurt or just as a snack.