This Red Velvet White Chocolate Cheesecake is one of the most beautiful and delicate cakes you can prepare for Christmas this year. It consists of two layers of moist and tender red velvet cake with a smooth and silky white chocolate and cream cheese filling. It has an impressive Christmas decoration. White truffles, red currants, cranberries and star anise are all dusted with a bit of powdered sugar for a snowy effect.
How to make Red Velvet White Chocolate Cheesecake
The recipe for this Red Velvet White Chocolate Cheesecake is easy and quick to prepare. First, you have to prepare the red velvet cake layers. The red velvet cake batter is made using buttermilk which adds its intense flavor. A bit of cocoa powder is used for flavor and vinegar enhances the red color. Both butter and oil are used here, to ensure a moist and tender crumb. The batter is divided into two pans, in thin layers and baked for about 12 minutes. Let cool completely.
Meanwhile, start preparing the cream cheese filling. Melt the white chocolate with cream over low heat and let cool slightly. Combine the melted chocolate with cream cheese and add whipping cream to create a smooth and fluffy filling.
This is a no-bake cheesecake filling that is very flavorful, not too sweet, and quick to prepare. It also doesn’t need gelatin either as it sets very well due to the white chocolate. You can always consider using a baked cheesecake between the red velvet cake layers if desired.
Assemble the cake
For assembling the cake, place a red velvet cake on a platter. Place a cake ring around the cake and line with acetate sheet for easier removal. Pour about two thirds of the cream cheese and chocolate filling over the cake and smooth slightly. Add the second layer of cake and top it with the remaining cream cheese filling. Smooth the top and refrigerate to set.
The cake needs to set for at least 4-6 hours before serving. You can make the cake at least one day in advance or even earlier and freeze until needed.
Decorate the cake in Christmas spirit with red currants, cranberries, star anise and white coconut truffles. Hope you will try this amazing Red Velvet White Chocolate Cheesecake, tag me on Instagram if you do, and enjoy!
Other red velvet desserts you may like
For more red velvet desserts you may also like this classic Red Velvet Cake. It has moist cake layers with a great flavor combination coming from vanilla, cocoa powder and buttermilk. The cake is filled with cream cheese frosting. This Red Velvet Lava Cake is easy to prepare and is perfect for the times you want single-serving desserts. Whenever you want to create an easy irresistible dessert, brownies should always be on your list. When turned into red velvet cheesecake brownies, they are a decadent treat perfect for upcoming holidays. If you don’t have time to make Red Velvet Cake for the holidays try Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies instead. They are so easy to prepare and you can enjoy red velvet cake flavor in no time.
Red Velvet White Chocolate Cheesecake
Makes about 10-12 servings
Red Velvet Cake Layers
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (8g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp (3g) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 3 tbsp (45g) unsalted butter , room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1 small egg
- 6 tbsp (80g) vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp (3ml) white vinegar
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (120g) buttermilk , room temperature
- red food coloring
White Chocolate Cream Cheese Filling
- 7 oz (200g) white chocolate , small pieces
- 1/4 cup (60g) whipping cream
- 1 pound (500g) cream cheese , room temperature
- 3 tbsp (24g) powdered sugar
- 2 tsp (10g) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (240g) whipping cream (35% fat) , chilled
- White truffles (like Raffaello truffles)
- fresh red currants
- fresh cranberries
- star anise
- powdered sugar
Prepare the red velvet cake layers.
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Grease with butter two 8-inch (20 cm) springform pans and line them with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and whisk to combine.
- In another bowl mix butter with sugar until combined. Incorporate the egg. Mix in the oil, buttermilk, vinegar and vanilla extract. Incorporate the flour mixture until well combined.
- Gradually add red food coloring until the desired color is reached.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake for about 12 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
Prepare the white chocolate cream cheese filling.
- Place white chocolate and the ¼ cup (60g) of cream into a heatproof bowl and place over a pan with simmering water. Melt over low heat. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl mix cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract and mix to combine. Mix in melted chocolate.
- Add the whipping cream and continue mixing until stiff peaks form.
Assemble the cake.
- Place the first red velvet cake on a serving platter and place a cake ring around the cake lined with an acetate sheet.
- Pour two-thirds of the cream cheese filling over the cake and smooth the top.
- Very gently, add the second layer of red velvet cake.
- Spread the remaining cream cheese filling and smooth the top.
- Refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours or overnight to set.
- Decorate the cake with Raffaello truffles, red currans, cranberries and star anise.
- Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!