Apricot Ice Cream
This summer I've made more ice cream than in any other past years. My girls are bigger now and keep asking for their favorite recipes. Ice cream is one of them, for sure. Even when we are not at home my bigger daughter assures that when we return I'll make them homemade ice cream. And after all, who wouldn't like some delicious homemade creamy ice cream, with no preservatives, fresh and refreshing?
We are still dealing with hot weather here. So I just prepared them one of the easiest recipe I have used before, the sweetened condensed milk ice cream, but this time with apricots instead of strawberries. I used homemade apricot jam instead of fresh apricots because the taste of apricots is so much more enhanced in jam.
Serve the ice cream with fresh apricot slices, it is simply amazing. I you love fruit ice creams this apricot ice cream is the one for you.
- Makes about 2 pounds ice cream - 12 servings
- 1 can (14 oz, 397g) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 1/2 cups (600 ml) heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup apricot jam
- In a large bowl whip the heavy cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract and mix for a couple of minutes more.
- Add a layer of cream mixture. Add a layer of apricot jam and stir gently just to create some swirls. Repeat steps until all cream mixture and jam is done.
- Transfer in one large or 2 smaller covered storage container and place in the freezer. Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.