Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
- Eggless Chocolate Banana Cake
Delicious, fresh and flavorful salsa, goes as an appetizer or just as a snack near some pita bread chips.
- Makes 2-3 servings
- 1 avocado, diced
- 5 cherry tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 small red chili pepper
- 5 green olives, seeded and sliced
- Ginger Preparation Ingredients
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pita Bread Chips
- 2 or 3 pita bread
- olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- spices (oregano, basil, garlic, salt etc.) - optional
- Prepare pita bread chips. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Mix oil with paprika. Separate each pita bread into 2 thin rounds. Slice the pitas into triangles, larger or smaller, whatever you prefer. Place chips on baking sheet, on one layer and brush them with oil mixture. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and spices for more flavorful chips. Bake 2-5 minutes, until crisp and lightly brown.
- In a large frying pan heat the butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add red onion and ginger and cook until soft. Stir in corn kernels and cook for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- In a medium salad bowl, combine avocado, with the rest of vegetables. Add the corn mixture, lime juice, cilantro or parsley, salt and pepper and mix well. Serve with homemade pita chips.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:438, Fat:20.6 g, Saturated Fat:4.8 g, Carbohydrates:58.1 g, Sugar:9.3 g, Fiber:10.5 g, Protein:10.3 g, Cholesterol:10 mg, Calories from Fat 185, Sodium 801mg, Vitamin A 59%, Calcium 12%, Vitamin C 109%, Iron 20%, Nutrition Grade A-, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.