- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
- Eggless Chocolate Banana Cake
Baked Brie in Puff Pastry
Watch the video for this recipe:
This Baked Brie in Puff Pastry is one of the easiest and most delicious appetizers you can prepare for holiday season or any other party. Not only it looks great but it tastes awesome too and is best served with crackers or toasted bread slices.
This Baked Brie is the kind of appetizer that can be easily made in advance. You can fold the cheese in puff pastry, refrigerate and bake only when guests are arrived.
You can make many variations to this appetizer, add different jams or brown sugar, honey, different nuts or dried fruits, herbs if you like and make the Baked Brie according to your tastes.
- Makes about 8 servings
- 1/4 cup (70g) apricot jam
- 1/3 cup (60g) dried cranberries/raisins
- 1/4 cup (25g) toasted pecans or walnuts or almonds, chopped
- 1 sheet (9 oz - 275g) puff pastry, thawed
- 2 (4 oz-125g) Brie cheese rounds
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat the oven to 425°F (220C).
- In a small bowl combine apricot jam with toasted nuts and cranberries.
- Unfold the pastry sheet and divide in two. Cut off the corners of each piece.
- Spoon the apricot jam mixture in the center of each piece of dough. Top with the 2 pieces of Brie cheese.
- Brush the edge of the dough with beaten egg. Fold the pastry up over the cheese to cover.
- Place seam-side down onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Use the leftover pastry scraps to cut shapes to decorate. Brush with the egg mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with crackers or toasted bread.